Part 27

Part 27: -

Elianna’s POV

Twenty-Sixth May

I wish today hadn’t come, I really didn’t. I know I had to announce my return to show business but I just didn’t want to do this photo shoot and interview with the magazine. It seemed pointless, I could just become the unknown actor and work my way from there, but Ian wanted to do it a different way. He wanted people to know my story and whatnot. Seems pointless if you ask me.

    Greg and I were finally on our way there by taxi. But as were arriving, memories of my past began haunting me. The last time I did something like this, I had announced that I was leaving. That I didn’t want to be a child actor anymore. I wanted a normal childhood and normal friends. I was thankful that no one recognised me at my new school, but Katie found out eventually. Especially, when I took her back home to my house and she saw all the shoots from my commercials.

   I still felt numb after the whole ordeal with the assaults, I still felt like my whole world was falling apart, even though they were behind bars. I just still felt vulnerable. Oh well, I see my psychiatrist tomorrow and then maybe we’ll know what’s happening, I don’t know. I could just be talking a load of baloney like usual.

   When we arrived at the building, I noticed that they were just setting up so we were early. At least we were early, rather than late like most would be.

   We walked in and we were greeted by Ian stood there. I know he’s my manager and all but sometimes, I think over everything. I think about whether or not I’ve made the right decision. And the more I think of it, the more I think I did. No one would really hire someone who’s dating a celebrity, causes riots and gets herself kidnapped. Yes, it wasn’t my fault for that but some employers think like that.

   The interviewer came and told us what was happening. A six page spread on both of us. Separate interviews, but all featured on the one article. Of course, Ian had briefed them on what was happening.

“I’m freaking nervous,” Greg whispered.

“And you think I’m not?” I questioned back sarcastically.

“I know you are. You’re grabbing my hand like nothing else”

“Sorry” I said, detaching my hand.

“It’s fine. I just don’t know what to do anymore”

“Me neither. However, it’s something that needs to be done. I need to tell them that I’m back and for them to hear my story. If one person can change the world and help people speak up, then I’m all for it. There’s many others out there who’re struggling with day-to-day life because of what’s happening to them. Whether it is in a relationship or just in the street or a kidnapping. I need them to know that there are people out there who can help. Who are willing to listen. Who are willing to care. I just need to start the conversation”

“Why did you leave show business? You’re too damn caring about others, you want to help and show people that although you’ve been hurt, you’re still managing daily”

“What can I say? I’m a miracle woman”

“Sarcasm not needed Elianna,” Greg said, rolling his eyes.

“I’ll be as sarcastic as I like, Mr I’m Not Horny”

“Elianna” He said sternly.

“What?” I said cocking an eyebrow.

“You’re impossible”

“And you love me for it”

“That I do” He smiled.