Part 18

The weeks rolled by with ease. Time always has a funny way of doing that. The weather has been getting increasingly colder and the leaves on the trees have begun to fall. October has begun and the the sweet scent of pumpkin spice was almost everywhere. There were already posters up in the school hallways for the Halloween dance, decorations of ghosts and bats and spooky things around them.

Sasuke has seemed a bit more cheerful, or less agitated and bored lately. Halloween was definitely his favorite holiday and the weather was perfect. Despite the rain, the temperature was just the right amount of cold to wear a hoodie or a sweater without getting hot and sweaty, and also not being too cold to where he'd freeze without one.

Sasuke was sitting in the living room of the shared home between himself and his older brother. Coming from the kitchen was the smell of tea and warm muffins. Itachi had taken it upon himself to actually get up and make something edible for the two uchihas. Unlike most mornings where sasuke did all the cooking or just ate cereal.

Sasuke can't even complain though, he's so used to it by now. Tho he was definitely grateful for itachis efforts this morning. Itachi has been in a better mood lately. Tho he still drinks everyday. But lately he's been actually trying with cleaning and taking time to talk with his younger brother.

At first sasuke thought that this was all because eventually itachi would want something from him, ask him to do a favor, but surprisingly that hasn't been the case. Then again, itachi could just be buttering him up still.

Sasuke leaned back into the wine red love-seat that sat next to the full couch that was directly across from the tv against the wall. He was wearing a grayish sweater that had a hint of purple in it somewhere. He tugged the sleeves over his hands a bit so his knuckles were covered in the warm material and waited patiently for itachi to arrive with his tea and muffin.

Sasuke was watching the tv but at the same time wasn't. His eyes saw what was happening but his mind was elsewhere. All of his thoughts were of naruto. The last time they spoke was yesterday afternoon when they ran into each other at the store.

Naruto was looking through all the Halloween decorations. The spot where sasuke was headed. When he spotted naruto he grabbed a nearby mask that was sitting where it wasn't supposed to be and snuck up behind the distracted and oblivious blonde.

"Boo." He said plainly behind him. Naruto jumped and swatted at the monster behind him, not knowing it was actually sasuke wearing a Michael Meyers mask.

Sasuke pulled it off quickly and began to laugh at narutos frightened expression. The blondes mouth was agape and he was holding a skeleton arm out as if it was his weapon of defence. Sasuke wished he could've taken a picture but all he could do was save the mental image in his brain.

"Sasuke? You ass! What the hell!" Naruto dropped his arm back to his side and adjusted himself to appear as if he wasn't just scared the bloody hell out of.

"Nice to see you too, babe" sasuke chuckled. He sauntered over and pulled naruto in for a hug.

"You brat" naruto huffed.
"Whatever, you love me." Sasuke kissed his cheek and tugged him along and they continued browsing through the spoopy decorations.

Sasuke laughs at the memory of yesterday, just as itachi enters the living room with a muffin and hot cup of black tea.

"What's so funny, otouto?" Itachi smiles at him a bit.

"It's nothing." Sasuke replies and takes a bite of his muffin. It's soft and tastes amazing. Sasuke had forgotten how well of a cook itachi was. As well as a baker.

Itachi leaned back into the couch and set his tea on the coffee table before them. "That's fine, don't tell your older brother the funny joke, its not like he would think it's funny." The sarcasm dripped from every word and sasuke rolled his eyes.

"I just thought of the look on narutos face when I scared the shit outta him yesterday." Sasuke smiled widely, not even noticing.

"Oh, that cute little fox boy?" Itachi smirked slightly and sasuke could already tell what his older sibling was thinking.

"No, we are not talking about it." Sasuke spoke before itachi could even get a word out about it. He doesn't like his older brother teasing him of his love interests.

Itachi sighed and stood up from the couch, his back cracking. "Damn..." itachi placed a hand on his lower back. "I'm getting old"

"You're not even in your thirties yet, 'old man'."

Even if he was, no one would ever guess that. Throughout the years, itachis face has hardly aged. Sasuke believes that he will always look youthful.

"Don't eat all the muffins brat. See ya in the morning" itachi grabbed a beer from the kitchen before heading to his room.

"You literally just woke up an hour ago" sasuke called at him. To which itachi replied with a grunt.

----------------

Hey there my bros. Long time no read. Sorry about the hold up. Here's the update. Short again, I know. I was planning on making it longer but then I thought I'll just update again the next day. So here it is. Different point of view for this chapter. Hope you like. 🦄