Chapter 17: No way!

"Well, unfortunatly for you, she is alive." I blinked and my eyes widened. "She's alive after all that?!" I yelled. Leader snickered. "But, she's either lost her memory, forever, or you fried her until she turned into a vegetable." I nodded and stared at the ground. "So, it could go either way?" I said quietly. "Yeah." He then backed off and walked away. I blinked and ran through all the possible solutions. There's no way, a shock THAT hard, didn't even hit her in the head, just in the stomach, but.. I struck her in the ribs, so it could disable her movement with cracked, or broken ribs.

"Either way.." I started, then looked up at them. "She will die, I give it 2 days to a week, tops." I stared up at the sky, the rain getting worse and lightning flashing. I sneezed again and whimpered. "Hey, you okay?" Itachi asked. "You shouldn't be using your powers a whole lot after the mark was off, you might..--" I sneered and started walking. "What are you talking about? I feel comple--" Within the next 3 seconds, my body just shut down and I flopped over and fainted.

Itachi POV:

I told her she'd pass out. She didn't listen and just continued to push herself. I quickly caught her in my arms and picked her up, wrapping my cloak around her. "Don't want you to get a cold.." I said while staring down at her. She looked peaceful, and beautiful indeed when she was asleep. But, regardless she looked beautiful. I carried her into the base, and into my room where I changed her into clean clothes, placing a hot washcloth over her forehead and waited for her to wake up. I figured It would be awhile, though, but I stayed up all night waiting. Leader had came to visit to give me some, interesting information.

Kuro POV:

There was just darkness. I opened my eyes, and all I saw were candles lit around the room. I sat up, and got pushed down, Itachi saying not to move. "Itachi..? What are..?" I mumbled and everything hit me. I groaned and felt pain spread through my body as I became more alert. "Oh my god this hurts like a mofoo!" I whined and turned on my side. I heard him snicker. "You'll be alright when you wake up again." I sighed and shut my eyes. "Leader came up while you were resting." "Ah. Anything on Konan's conditions?"

I heard him stand up and pace around the room, he didn't answer me until awhile afterwards. "She is dead." "I see." I muttered, and I heard Itachi walk over to me. "Shut your eyes and go to sleep." Was the last thing I heard until I, yet again fell into a deep sleep.

Inside of Kuro's Dream:

You ever had those dreams where your watching yourself, wether it be in a memory, or something in the future? That's what It was like. I could hear everything clear as day, but I, was unnoticed. A ghost, if you will. I was watching myself walking into the Akatsuki base, holding a box of something.. I went inside, and Deidara and Sasori came out. "How was your mission, Kuro?" Sasori asked. I smiled and nodded, giving both of them hugs. Noticing they both blushed and smiled. "It was good! What're you crazy artists' doing now?" Deidara answered, then. "Up in the Art room, I'm working on my clay, a new invention! Hm! Are you coming?"

I nodded and smiled. "Sure! Lemme just give this box of Dumplings to Ita-kun!! (1) I said, and they followed me up to Itachi's room. I heard some odd moaning noises, and panting, etc, remembering my first day here, Hidan was screwing with another girl, and Itachi's room is next to his, I opened up the door and walked in, then stopping and I screamed in horror. I poked my head through the dream version of me, and saw Itachi, in bed, naked with some girl, staring at me wide-eyed. "Y-You're back." He said. "Kuro..! Wait.! I can explain..!" He stuttered. "You idiot!!! You did this to me?!" Tears leaked down my cheeks and I threw the box at him. "This is what you do when I'm gone?! I HATE YOU!!" I turned to run away.

Sasori wrapped his arms around mine and hugged me, and I cried in his chest. I saw Deidara walk up to Itachi and slap him REALLY, REALLY hard in the face, screaming at him, more than pissed, saying, "You should be ashamed of yourself!! You don't deserve her, and I didn't want to tell her, because It would upset her, but it's true!!" I saw it all hit Itachi like a ton of bricks. He cheated on me, I guess. For some other girl. Then Deidara walked out, as Sasori dragged my dream self into the Art room, and then eveything faded away. I then saw a man I didn't know, coming towards me slowly. I just stared at him, and then my dream self. He wasn't going for that me, he was going for the ghost me. He was very, very tall. He had a black top hat, with a ribbon, matching my kimono around it. He had blue hair and eyes, with a pale face. His mouth was wrapped up, along with his hands and his right eye.

He grabbed me and started to choke me. "Oh shit... What the hell.. This isn't real.. I-I'm not supposed to feel pain!" I yelled, and grabbed his hands, prying them off me. "This IS real, or atleast, what will become of you." He said, having a low, creepy voice. Then an invisable copy of him went to the dream me, and choked her to death. She actually died. I blinked and my eyes doubled over. "What?! No!! I don't believe you!!" I shouted, and then the bandages around his mouth fell off, and he opened his mouth, showing sharp, vampire fangs. "Don't believe that, but it'll happen." He snickered, and I shut my eyes tightly, screaming for my life.

Real-Life Kuro's POV:

I felt someone shaking me violently, yelling my name. I shook my head and sat up quickly, blinking. "Wh-What's wrong?!!" I yelled, suprised. "You were screaming and clawing at your throat. Did you have a nightmare?" Itachi said, very concerned. I blinked and stared at Itachi, thinking back to the dream. 'You did this to me?!' 'I HATE YOU!!' I frowned, then realized I had to play it off, so I smiled. "Nope! I was okay, just had a weird dream, you know, that scare the crap out of you?" He nodded and smiled, noticing I was looking at him, he looked away. I could've sworn I saw a blush on his cheeks. I giggled and stood up, going into the bathroom.

The day passed soon enough, I just hung with the 3 of them. Eventually days turned into weeks and weeks, everyone was notified of her Death. Nobody really cared though. Everything went back to normal, I hung out with my 3 best friends, Sasori Deidara and Itachi, but today was a little diffrent. I just felt like something.. Something good was gonna happen today. I was just walking around to Itachi's room, he had said he wanted to talk to me. 'I wonder what's up.' I thought as I was walking. 'Itachi... He's been really, odd lately. Nice. Mabye a little to nice for our tastes, it wasn't like him. But, he was also being shy to me. Everytime I'd look at him he'd smile, or look away and I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.' "Hello." I head Itachi say, brining me out of my thoughts.

"Itachi! H-Hi!" I stuttered, and I mentally kicked myself. 'It's nothing. He probably just wants to tell me we're going on a mission or something.. Ashame, though..' The voice in my head, told me diffrently, though. 'Don't. Your just friends, that's all it should ever be.' It giggled. I groaned. 'Why do I talk to you?' 'I'm your guide.' It said. 'Okay, 'guide' leave me be, please? For a little? Just let me have my thoughts.' 'Whatev.' It giggled and went away. I shook my head and looked at him in the eyes.

"So, Itachi, How've you been?" I started. He just nodded, and smiled at me, his cheeks being a light pink. I smiled at him, and I heard a few, very quiet footsteps. I narrowed my eyes. 'Someone's listening' "K-Kuro." Itachi said, getting my attention. I looked up at him, smiling. "Yes, Itachi?" I heard the footsteps getting closer, and I sighed, annoyed. Itachi blinked and frowned. "Are you okay? Is this a bad time?" I smiled up at him. "Seriously, It's fine. I'm just paranoid, that's all!" "So, what's up?" Itachi looked away, and hesitated, sighing. He didn't say anything for a really, really long time. I just stared at him. 'What's going on..?' He suddenly looked into my eyes and grabbed my hands. "Kuro..."

Cliffhanger!!!

Authors Note: Sorry that this chapter was SOO short, it'll be longer next chapter! I promise! Will Itachi ask her out? Are the dreams real? Who exactly IS that man in her dreams? Find out by reading until the end!!

xXKuroXx

Kun: Japanese honorfic. Normally, couples would add it at the end of the others' first name. 'Itachi-kun' 'Kuro-kun'. Typically used for boys, but can be used for girls.