Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

"Miss (Y/n) (L/n)! I suggest you keep your act together or I will ruin your career for good!" my mum, (M/n), yelled at me from downstairs. I clenched my fists.
"Okay, I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

She was always like this, ordering me around for her own benefits. The last few moments of freedom I had was when I was still a toddler. My father wasn't as strict but he would sometimes listen to what my mother said. *sigh* I checked myself in the mirror before going downstairs. My mother smiled.

"Everything sorted? You look so beautiful but of course, as a daughter of mine...you should be," she exclaimed.

I just forced a smile and followed her to the limousine that was waiting for us outside. The chauffeur opened the door for us. I got in first while my mother followed. My father was already at the party. I looked out the window as the scenery went by.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem depressed," my mother exclaimed. She was just acting. She didn't actually mean it.
"Yeah, I'm fine." A while later, we arrived. The chauffeur opened the door for us. We got out and went inside.
"I'm going to speak with your father, wait here." My mother left.
"(Y/n)?!" I turned around only to be embraced by Mirai.
"Hey Mirai, I didn't expect to see you here."
"I just came knowing you'd be here," he replied with a smile.

My mother wouldn't let me have any more than one or two real friends. But she had to approve of them first, luckily she approved of Mirai. But I would've been friends with him even if she didn't.

"Ah, (Y/n). Come meet my friends," my father said while escorting me away from Mirai. I waved, he just smiled and went to look for his other friends.
"This is my daughter, (Y/n). (Y/n), this is Mr Kitaoji and his wife," my father introduced us. I bowed.
"Hello, nice to meet you."
"The pleasure is ours. Please, you don't have to be so formal around us," Mr Kitaoji said.

I just smiled. I saw a boy with brown hair come over. Was that Yuzuki Kitaoji as in the famous actor?! He looked sorta uncomfortable.

"Yuzuki, meet (Y/n) and her father, Mr (L/n)," Mr Kitaoji introduced.
"Hi, I'm (Y/n). Nice to meet you." He just faked a smile and shook my hand.
"Why don't you two get to know each other better?" my father asked while pushing me towards Yuzuki.
"Alright, sir," Yuzuki replied then added, "Come on, (Y/n)." I followed him to where Mirai was.
"Hey Mirai, I'm sorry about before."
"You two know each other?!" Yuzuki suddenly asked.
"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you before."
"Hey Yuzu, I see that you've met (Y/n). Do you know what she does?" Mirai asked with a smile.
"Yeah, she's a famous singer and actress," Yuzuki replied.
"I'm sorry but please excuse me." I tried to leave but they both grabbed my hands.
"Was there something you two needed?"
"Where are you going?" Yuzuki asked.
"That's none of your concern." Mirai looked at me worriedly. I looked at him for help.
"Hey Yuzu, she's going to the bathroom," Mirai exclaimed.
"Oh, right. Sorry." He let go of me while apologising. I faked a smile.
"It's fine, just don't tell anyone."

I immediately walked off. *sigh* That was close. I'd have to thank Mirai later. I went to the balcony of the luxurious restaurant and finally 'breathed'. I sat on one of the benches and looked at the millions of stars.

I seemed to forget everything around me and thought about 'home'. When could I escape my destined fate? I didn't want this at all. I mean, sure I wanted this career but I didn't want my parents making my decisions for me...

"I knew it, Mirai wouldn't have said that. He really did have a confused look on his face," Yuzuki suddenly said after coming out of nowhere.
"What are you talking about?"
"You didn't need to go the bathroom, what are you doing out here?" he asked with a serious expression.
"That's none of your concern."
"Since I asked, I think I deserve an answer," he replied.
"Oh, think you're so high and mighty now? Alright then, 'your majesty'. I just wanted to escape the world for a while, now I hope you don't bother me anymore."
"That's right, I am your king and you are my maid," he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.
"I was joking."
"Pfft, blame it on your too perfect acting."
"Whatever-"
"(Y/n), what are you doing out here?! Oh, hello Yuzuki. Come on, (Y/n). You still have to meet some people," my mother ordered and pulled me away from Yuzuki. He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I just shrugged it off.

Yuzuki's POV

She interested me in a way. I watched as she left with her mother. Seemed like she got annoyed by her parents.

"Hey Yuzu, what are you doing out here?" Mirai asked.
"Nothing."
"I saw you talking to (Y/n)," he said.
"And?"
"From what I could see, you look like you're interested in her," he replied.
"W-what? No way!"
"Don't deny it Yuzu, I've known you for a long time." I just sighed.
"You want to know more about her, don't you? She's very mysterious, sometimes I don't even know what she's thinking," Mirai exclaimed.
"Where did you guys meet?"
"It was about 2-3 years ago. I met her at a party like this. She looked lonely so I went over and tried to talk to her. She was cold at first but soon warmed up to me...in a friendly way," he replied while smiling. I smirked.
"Friendly way?"
"Yuzu, get those dirty thoughts out of your head! We're friends, got that?! Friends!" I just laughed. The party was gonna end soon.