Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked to the side and saw Mirai looking worriedly at me. He sighed in relief when he noticed me staring at him.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry you got hurt..."
"Mirai, it's not your fault."
"If only we got there faster..."
"Don't blame yourself."
"I'm sorry." The doctor came in.
"Ah (Y/n), you're awake. I need to talk to you about your current condition."
"Okay." He sat down beside Mirai.
"There was serious internal damage done to your stomach. We have completed a successful operation on you but be extra careful when moving the area around your waist. It'll be a few weeks or even months before it heals completely," he explained.
"Okay, thank you."
"You can be discharged from the hospital in a few days." He smiled before leaving.
"Mirai, how long were you here for?"
"Since last night."
"I'm sorry for making you worried."
"Don't worry about it", he replied with a cheerful smile. Then the door suddenly burst open. Yuzuki came in, panting.
"Y-Yuzuki?!"
"(Y/n), what were you thinking?! I was worried about you! How could you get yourself in that kind of a situation?!" he asked in an annoyed and worried tone.
"I..." I had no words to say. He was that worried about me? Wow, I thought he wouldn't even care that much.
"Well, I'll leave you two love birds alone," Mirai exclaimed and left with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. Love birds? Seriously?
"D-did the operation go well?" Yuzuki asked. I nodded. He sat down and sighed.
"What's wrong?"
"I-I'm sorry for shouting at you..." he said and blushed slightly. I smiled.
"I guess you don't like admitting your mistakes but I forgive you."
"H-hey! I wasn't admitting my mistake!" he replied, still blushing.

I laughed lightly, careful not to laugh too hard because of my stomach. I yawned. For some reason, I felt like going to sleep again.

"Yuzuki...I'm sorry..." I slowly fell asleep.

Yuzuki's POV

I watched as her eyes slowly closed as she drifted off into a deep slumber. I held her hand. My heart was beating fast. I looked at her beautiful, fragile face. I wish she would be mine forever...damn it!

Why did I start to fall for her?! Besides, my parents already arranged a marriage for me. My heart/feelings couldn't betray me now... I was still looking at her when my phone rang. I jumped in surprise. Great way to ruin the moment. I answered it.

"Hello...yes, okay...I'll be there soon...yeah, bye."

*sigh* I had to go back to work. I stood up and slowly leaned down to- I quickly stopped myself. I couldn't start anything now, I was already going to get married to a stranger in a few weeks.

Damn it, they were always forcing me to do things against my will. I left the room and went to work. Katie immediately came up to me with a worried look on her face.

"How's (Y/n)?!" she asked.
"She's doing fine."
"Oh, thank god. I was so worried!" she exclaimed with a weak smile.
"Please excuse me." I pushed past her and got ready for my part of the movie.

Mirai's POV

I was at the casino with the others, excluding Yuzu and (Y/n).

"How's (Y/n)?" Noel asked.
"She's alright."
"Maybe we should go visit her sometime," Chihaya suggested.

Everyone nodded in agreement. I went outside to see Kotaro (a white tiger). He sat down next to me. I smiled at him and stroked his fur.

"Do you think (Y/n) will really be okay? I seriously want to kick whoever did that to (Y/n) in the face. She's got to be okay, she barely shows her weak side to anyone."

He just looked at me with wide, curious eyes. I smiled. It always calmed me down when I talked to him. I sat here for a while talking to him.

Yuzuki's POV

I couldn't concentrate on my acting. (Y/n) was always on my mind. I was constantly worrying about her well-being. She kept on distracting me. I thought I could keep my emotions at bay...

"Yuzuki!"
"Yes sir?"
"You did it again! Focus! Stop getting distracted by whatever you're thinking about! Think about your passion for acting and get on with the act!" the director yelled, annoyed.
"Yes sir."

I tried to focus on acting my part and after a few tiresome hours of acting, I was finally dismissed. I immediately went to check on (Y/n). She was looking out the window when I walked in.

"Oh, hey Yuzuki," she greeted with a small smile.
"How are you?"
"I'm fine, what about you? Have you been able to focus on your acting?"
"Yeah," I lied. I didn't want her to blame herself for making me lose my concentration.
"That's good." I sat down and looked at her. She looked cute when she blushed.
"What? Embarrassed when I stare at you like that?" She blushed even more.
"W-what? No!" I smirked. She just pouted and rolled her eyes. I lay my head down on the bed and closed my eyes.
"Yuzuki?..."
"I'm tired, let me rest."
"Okay."

(Y/n)'s POV

Yuzuki looked so peaceful. He had fallen asleep. I thought he was kidding when he said that he was gonna sleep here a few minutes ago. Guess I was wrong.

"Miss (Y/n)-"

I held a finger to my lips. The nurse nodded and quietly left after closing the door. I grabbed a book from the table beside me and started to read it. Coincidentally, it was my favourite book.

I was so immersed in reading that I didn't notice Yuzuki had woken up and was looking at me with an eyebrow raised. I almost jumped in surprise.

"Oh, sorry. How long were you awake for?"
"About 20 minutes now," he replied.
"How long was I reading for?..."
"I think it was around two hours."
"Oh..."
"Anyway, I'm going back now but I'm gonna come back tomorrow."
"You know you don't have to come visit me. I'm fine on my own."
"I'm coming back no matter what you say to try to convince me. See you tomorrow," he replied then walked out the door.