Chapter 16

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked at the sky as we were walking. It was so calming.

"Excuse me, miss." I turned around and saw a cute little girl.
"Yes?"
"May I please have your autograph?" I knelt down to her height.
"Sure, what's your name?"
"Francesca."
"Are you foreign? You speak Japanese very well." She giggled and blushed.
"I'm French." I smiled at her. She was so cute. I signed the piece of paper she gave me.
"Thank you!"
"You're welcome."

Suddenly, Noel asked her something in French. She replied to him like she had known him for a long time. Well, I guess since she looked like she was about five years old. She ran off.

"What did you ask her?"
"Something about you," he replied casually. I raised an eyebrow.
"Tell me."
"Why should I?"
"It's rude to talk about people when they're right next to you."
"So? I didn't say anything bad so why should I?"
"*sigh* Nevermind." Ralph barked and growled.
"Something wrong?"

We followed his gaze. Mariyu was handing out invites to her wedding. Her father was there as well, along with Yuzuki's mother. Noel handed Ralph's leash to me and walked over to where they were.

"Hey (Y/n), what's up?" Mirai asked.
"That." I pointed to Mariyu.
"Hold on, wait here," he exclaimed before catching up with Noel. I wonder what they were gonna do. Ralph began dragging me in Mariyu's direction.
"Ralph, what are you doing?" He just kept dragging me there.
"I don't want to go over there." He looked at me with big hopeful eyes. *sigh* I picked him up and walked over to Noel and Mirai.
"It's you!" Mariyu exclaimed and pointed a finger accusingly at me.
"So what?"
"You told them to come over, didn't you?!"
"I don't even know what they're doing."
"Liar!-"
"No, it's true. She actually doesn't know why we came," Mirai said.
"What are you two doing here anyway?"
"Asking about this," Noel replied while snatching an invite away from Mariyu.
"Yuzuki doesn't know about it," Mirai added. My eyes widened.
"He doesn't?!"
"Obviously! How stupid can one be? It's gonna be a surprise," Mariyu exclaimed excitedly while glaring at me. Suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind.
"What's going on here?"
"Yuzu?! Since when did you come here?!" Mirai asked, surprised.
"Noel sent me a text," he replied. Mirai explained everything that was happening.
"Cancel it."
"What?" Mariyu asked, confused.
"I thought I made it clear that I don't want to marry you!"
"But why? We're perfect for each other!"
"You want to know why? Because you're a fool! And I've fallen in love with someone else!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him.
"What?" His mother slapped him.
"Pull yourself together and watch what you say!"
"I can do whatever I want, I'm not a kid anymore-"
"Yuzuki, who is it that you've fallen in love with?" Mariyu's father asked.
"Her," he replied while pointing to me.

W-what?! I just stood there with a confused look on my face. Yuzuki grabbed my hand and pulled me away. Noel and Mirai had to push me from behind since I probably wasn't budging from where I was. Ralph was licking my face. Yuzuki had taken us back to his place. I put Ralph down.

"We have to take care of something. Sorry, see you guys later," Mirai exclaimed and dragged Noel out.
"Yuzuki?-"

He crashed his lips against mine. I was trying to process what was happening. Yuzuki had fallen for me somehow and now he was kissing me. *blush* He pulled away and smirked.

"What? Still embarrassed over stuff like this?" he asked.
"Hey! Like you can say that while blushing..."
"I'm talking about you here."
"Anyway, was what you said true?"
"What do you think I am? A liar?" I giggled.
"Well, I like you too." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me again.
"Please help me get away from the ugly witch named Mariyu Hakiko." I laughed.
"I would love to but I can't since they hate me."
"Oi, I love you and that's all that matters."
"I hope so. Hey um, do you know what Noel and Mirai had to take care of?"
"Seriously? You actually believed them? They were just joking so they could leave us alone."
"Right." Someone knocked on the door. Yuzuki went to get it.
"Hey guys!" Mirai was back. Noel must've gone back to work or something.
"Hey Mirai."
"How was-"
"(Y/n) (M/n) (L/n)!" Mariyu came storming in.
"How dare you make Yuzuki fall for you?!" She was about to slap me until Yuzuki grabbed her arm.
"Don't you dare touch her."
"Yuzuki, what does she have that I don't? She's practically worthless!"
"Everything," he replied with an angry glare.
"Mariyu, shut up and get out! Tell your parents to cancel the wedding! Geez, what is wrong with this world? Come on, (Y/n). Let's leave the witch and the prince to sort this out."

Mirai grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. When we closed the door, they immediately started yelling at each other. Others would probably think it was a lovers' quarrel.

"Want to get some ice cream to clear your mind?" Mirai asked.

I nodded. When the elevator doors opened, we came face to face with Yuzuki and Mariyu's parents. They all glared at me and walked off.

"Just ignore them, they're just jealous or something like that," Mirai said. I managed to smile.
"Thanks." We went inside.
"Hey (Y/n)."
"Yeah?" I turned my head around. He poked my cheek.
"Seriously?" He just laughed. We got off and went to the ice cream stand.
"Two (f/f) please." We sat down at a nearby bench.
"Hey Mirai." He looked at me without turning his head.
"Come on, why won't you fall for it?"
"Haha, I'm not gonna fall for my own tricks." I pouted. *sigh* Why couldn't all this just be perfect?...