Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s POV

~Some time later~

My eyes slowly fluttered open.

"What...happened?"
"Yuzuki saved you," Mirai replied while looking at me worriedly. Then everything came flooding back into my mind.
"But they stopped...when they got a phone call...that never happened before..."
"Oh, that. That was Yuzu. He somehow managed to trick them into thinking he was your father and ordered them to stop."
"Where is he now?"
"At work."
"Oh..."
"Cheer up a little, (Y/n)." I managed to smile.
"Can you get up?" I tried to and did but it was sorta painful. He helped me get up. I got out of bed. My wounds were all treated.
"Yuzu and I helped you with that."
"Thanks..."
"(Y/n), tell me the truth. What happened?"
*sigh* I told him everything.
"Oh, I'm sorry that happened. About that arranged marriage with Mariyu Hakiko...he doesn't want to marry her," Mirai said.
"He doesn't?"

He explained everything to me about what she did when she was with Yuzuki. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. We both went to get it.

"Oh, is Yuzuki home? I'm his soon-to-be wife, Mariyu Hakiko."
"Sorry, he's out right now."
"May I come in? I can wait." She pushed past me. How rude. Mirai was eyeing her.
"Who are you?" she asked the both of us.
"I'm (Y/n), that's Mirai."
"(Y/n) and Mirai what?"
"(Y/n) (L/n)."
"Mirai Kageyama."
"You mean (Y/n) (L/n) as in the famous actress and singer?" she asked, trying to refrain from laughing. I slowly nodded.
"No offence but you're terrible at everything you do," she exclaimed while laughing her head off.
"Gee, thanks *sarcasm*"
"If you're here to act and behave like that then leave," Mirai stated.
"Why should I? I can basically live here if I want. What are you two doing here?"
"Mirai's just here because he's allowed here and he's a good friend of mine. Also, I live here."
"Pfft, don't make me laugh. You live here? In your dreams."
"It's the truth," Mirai reasoned.
"How do I know you're not lying?"
"I don't care if you don't believe me, just leave." Then, the door opened. Yuzuki came in.
"What's going on here?" he asked, confused. Mariyu immediately hugged him and tried to kiss him but he just pushed her off.
"Why are you here?" he asked in annoyance. She pouted.
"Aren't I allowed to be here? We are going to be married soon."
"I don't care, just get out of my house."
"Yuzuki..." she whined.
"Get. Out. Now."
"No, I deserve to live with you unlike that horrible, ugly girl over there," she said, gesturing towards me. I could see that Yuzuki was trying to stop himself from punching her.
"Mariyu, I don't like you, not one bit. I would definitely love to cancel the arranged marriage, especially if it's with you."
"But I love you so much, Yuzuki..."
"So? I don't care, just get out of my house." She had tears in her eyes.
"How could you say that?..." she ran out, crying.
"Yuzuki?..." I gently put my hand on his shoulder. He just grabbed onto my hand and pulled me close to him.
"What are you-" He crashed his lips against mine. I got this weird feeling in my stomach. Was Yuzuki...kissing me? He pulled away.
"Tch, sorry." He went to his room and slammed the door closed.
"(Y/n)?" Mirai gently shook my shoulders.
"Oh, huh?"
"What do you feel about that?" he asked, smirking.
"What am I supposed to feel?"
"I think you already know the answer."
"Well, I did get this weird feeling in my stomach..."
"(Y/n) and Yuzuki sitting in a tree-"
"Mirai, stop."
"K I S S-"

I covered his mouth. He just burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes. When we were about to sit down, Mariyu came back. She was with her father.

"Is this the girl?" he asked her. She nodded. He grabbed me by my hair and kicked me.
"What did you do to Yuzuki? He was desperately in love with Mariyu until you came and ruined everything!" He kicked me again. Mirai punched him.
"Don't. Touch. Her."
"Oh, who's this?" He attempted to hit Mirai but he just dodged. Yuzuki came back out.
"What the..." I coughed. Some blood dropped from my lips. Oh no...not again.
"(Y/n), are you okay?" Yuzuki asked worriedly. He picked me up.
"Yuzuki, drop that horrid girl right now. You should be holding Mariyu." Mirai punched him in the jaw.
"Shut up, you bastard." My eyes widened. I had never seen him this mad before. He grabbed onto Mariyu's hair.
"Like Yuzu told you to, get out!" Mariyu ran out like a frightened kitten. Her father chased after her.
"(Y/n), we need to take you to the hospital again," Yuzuki exclaimed. The only thing I could do was nod. He took me to the hospital.

(A/N): Sorry about the shorter chapter.