Chapter 19

(Y/n)'s POV

People and some paparazzi had taken pictures of the whole thing.

"(Y/n), get ready to run," Yuzuki whispered in my ear. I nodded. We started to walk faster and faster until we were running.
"Excuse me! Mr Kitaoji! Miss (L/n)!" We didn't listen to them and kept running. He pulled me into an alleyway and our lips connected.
"I'll lead them away, get back home," he exclaimed.
"But-"

He had already run off. I cautiously went home, careful not to be seen by anyone. When I closed the door, I collapsed. How?... Did someone tip them off? Those areas were meant for celebrities and not many people went there due to the heavy security. How did they get in?

Ralph was licking my face as if to tell me that everything will be fine. But whenever someone said that, most of the time it wasn't. *knock knock* I jumped out of surprise and opened the door. Yuzuki came in and quickly closed the door.

He smiled weakly at me then went into his room, followed by Ralph. I sighed and slowly trudged to my room. What were we going to do now? My phone vibrated against my hand. I answered the call.

"Hello?"
"What do you think?" It was Mariyu.
"About the paparazzi? I didn't like it one bit."
"*laughs* I thought you wouldn't. Don't worry, there'll be more things to come."

She hung up. I put some music on to calm down my thoughts. What have I gotten myself into? If only I just stayed with my parents. If only I didn't run away. If only I... damnit.

I should've never gotten close to Yuzuki. Even if I did, I should've never fallen in love with him. He should've loved someone else. What did he see in me? Why did the others become my friend?

"(Y/n)? Hello? *snaps fingers*"
"Oh, huh?"
"I've been here for a few minutes now and you still haven't noticed me," Yuzuki exclaimed.
"Sorry."
"What were you thinking about?"
"Nothing of any importance."
"I got a call from Satsuki. He said that he saw everything on tv."
"Oh...I also got a call...but it was from Mariyu..."
"What did she say?"
"She was the one that tipped them off but there's still more to come."

He clenched his fists and looked at me. Then, unexpected, he pushed me down on my bed and buried his head in my neck.

"I don't want you to get hurt anymore..."
"Yuzuki-"
"It's not fine so stop saying it is! It hurts me every time I see you hurt! I want to see you smile! I want you to be happy!"

Tears filled my eyes. No one has ever said anything like that to me before. He looked at me with so much emotion and love... He kissed me.

"I love you, always have and always will." I smiled happily. I probably looked like an idiot but I didn't care. I just hugged him tightly.
"I love you too..." Soon, we both fell asleep.

~A few hours later~

I woke up, it was three in the morning. I couldn't sleep...there were too many nightmares. Yuzuki still had his arms wrapped around me. I carefully moved out of his gentle grasp and went to take a shower.

I changed into black leggings and a loose white shirt with some patterns/words on the front. I dried my hair and went outside.

"Did I wake you?" He nodded sleepily.
"Sorry."
"Come here." I went over and sat down. He pulled me down and cuddled me.
"Go back to sleep," he said.
"I can't."
"Why?"
"The nightmares..."
"Don't worry, I'm here for you." He kissed my forehead and we fell asleep.

~7am~

We woke up to the sound of banging on the front door. Yuzuki reluctantly got up and went to get it. I followed him. He opened and closed the door. I heard lots of voices outside.

"What happened?"
"Paparazzi," he replied, annoyed. Oh... My phone vibrated.
"Hey Mirai."
"(Y/n), open the window to your bedroom!"
"Why?"
"Hurry up!"
"Why are you shouting?"
"You'll see soon!"

He hung up. I went back to my bedroom and opened the window. My eyes widened in shock. Mirai had gotten onto a helicopter and was now climbing through my window. When he got through, he fell down on the floor. The helicopter left.

"W-what just...?..." He grinned.
"I couldn't get in here through the door so I hired a helicopter and decided to climb through your window," he explained.
"Are you crazy?! You could've died!"
"But I didn't."
"What's going on in here?" Yuzuki asked. Mirai explained it to him.
"Are you crazy?! You could've died!" he yelled. Mirai and I burst out laughing.
"What's so funny?" he asked with an unamused look.
"(Y/n) said the exact same thing." That was when the banging on the door got louder. Yuzuki sighed and went back outside.
"Anyway, what are you doing here?"
"I came to see if you two were alright," he replied.
"Hopefully we are."
"Paparazzi are annoying, aren't they?" I nodded. We stood there in silence.
"Let's go outside," Mirai said, breaking the silence.

I followed him but as soon as I got through the door, I couldn't move. I was too shocked to. Yuzuki was kissing Mariyu and the paparazzi had somehow gotten in. When Yuzuki spotted me, he immediately stopped.

"Wait, (Y/n)! It's not what you think!" But it was too late. I ran out.

Mirai's POV

Why would he do that?...

"Mirai, at least let me explain to you-"
"No...you hurt my best friend. How could I ever forgive you? I don't care about your stupid reasons, go live your life with that wicked witch." I ran after (Y/n). I looked around and spotted her crying under a tree in a deserted park. I ran over to her.