Chapter 12

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat here, reading a random book I found on the table beside me. For some weird reason, I always find different books there every day. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in."
"Miss (Y/n), you have visitors again," Shizuo told me.
"That's fine, let them in." Everyone came in...except for Yuzuki. I didn't know why but I felt kinda sad.
"Hey (Y/n), we came to pay you a visit," Mirai exclaimed happily. I smiled.
"Thanks."
"Do you know when you're going to be discharged?" Chihaya asked.
"In one or two days."
"That's great news," Satsuki replied.
"Why did you all come?"
"Well, we had nothing to do and wanted to come visit you," Noel replied.
"Oh."
"Now that I think about it, where's Yuzuki? He hasn't been answering my texts and calls," Ryoichi said.
"Same here," Satsuki and Noel added.
"In the morning, he said that he had something to take care of," Mirai answered. Satsuki's eyes widened in realisation.
"Oh, that's what it was..." he muttered to himself.
"What?"
"Nothing, don't worry about it," he replied, giving me a warm smile. This seemed fishy, something was up.
"Hey guys, want to play a game?" Mirai asked. We all nodded. Suddenly, spending time here in the hospital wasn't so boring anymore.

Yuzuki's POV

I had finally been dismissed from work. I checked my phone and saw that I had a few missed calls and text messages from Satsuki and the others. I went to the casino but they weren't there so I decided to text them.

Me: Hey guys, where are you all?

Mirai: At the hospital with (Y/n)

Ryoichi: Oi, why haven't you been answering our calls?

Me: I was busy with work

Noel: Something doesn't seem right here

Me: Well, it's nothing

Satsuki: Yuzuki, you should come. I think (Y/n) misses you although she's trying not to show it

Me: Why would she miss me? She has you guys

Chihaya: Have you still not realised yet?

Me: Realised what?

Mirai: Ugh, you'll know soon enough

Ryoichi: 😑 Is he serious?

Me: What?! How am I supposed to realise whatever it is I'm supposed to realise when I don't even know what it is?!

Mirai: Calm down, Yuzu

Satsuki: Let's just drop the topic. Yuzuki, are you coming or not?

Me: Yeah, I guess...

Chihaya: Great, see you here

*sigh* I put my phone in my pocket and drove off to the hospital. When I went inside, (Y/n) and the others were playing truth or dare.

"Truth," I heard (Y/n) say.
"Do you like Yuzuki?" Mirai asked, smirking cheekily.
"What kind of a question is that?!" They just laughed. (Y/n) was blushing. I sat down beside her.
"Yuzuki, truth or dare?" (Y/n) asked with a warm smile.

I wanted her to be mine. Damn it, if only I could get out of that stupid arranged marriage with Mariyu Hakiko.

"Dare."
"I dare you-"
"Let me give him one!" Ryoichi interrupted.
"Okay, sure," she replied.
"I dare you to kiss (Y/n)." We both blushed.
"Oi! Don't give out weird dares!"
"Come on, it's not that hard," Mirai exclaimed.
"Okay then you try."
"Sorry, I can't. It's not my dare."

I grunted. (Y/n) was still blushing. Everyone was watching us with anticipation. *sigh* I leaned down and lightly kissed her cheek. *blush* Why was it so hard to kiss her? Kissing Yurika was easy but I didn't feel anything. Why was it that I felt this way with (Y/n)?

"Yuzu?" Mirai asked while waving his hand in front of my eyes.
"Oh, yeah?"
"Why didn't you kiss her on the lips?" Ryoichi asked.
"You never said I had to."

(Y/n)'s POV

*blush* I looked at Yuzuki, he was staring at me. Once he noticed me looking at him, he quickly looked away. What was this feeling? I've never felt this way before.

"Sorry (Y/n) but we have to go now," Satsuki said.
"Oh, that's fine. I don't want to be a constant bother to you."
"Don't worry, you're not. Anyway, see you later," Chihaya replied. I smiled and waved goodbye. They all left. Yuzuki was the last to leave. He didn't say anything to me.

~1-2 days later~

I was finally let out of the hospital. Yuzuki said that he had talked to the director to let me have a day off since I was still recovering. I made him waffles for breakfast as a thank you.

"Well, bye. See you later today," he said before leaving.

Noel had taken Ralph for a walk. My phone suddenly rang. I checked the number and it was unknown. I hesitantly answered the call.

"Hello?"
"(Y/n)? This is your mum. We tried calling you but couldn't get to you so we got a new number. Where are you? We've been so worried." I immediately froze. She was lying... How? I thought she would forget about me.
"(Y/n)?"
"Y-yes?"
"Where are you, sweetie?"
"I-I'll tell you later, I need to go now. B-bye."
"Okay, don't forget."

I hung up. She was supposed to forget about me... I slumped down against the wall. How?... I couldn't live with them. Why did they keep interfering with my life?! Damn it! I decided to go out for a walk to clear my mind. While I was walking, I saw Noel. He smiled and came up to me.

"Hey (Y/n)," he greeted. Ralph barked and jumped on my leg.
"Hey Noel..." His smile faded.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"What is it?" he asked with a serious tone.
"M-my parents somehow managed to reach me..." He awkwardly hugged me.
"I'm sure we'll think a way out of this," he said, trying to reassure me.

For some reason, I wished that it was Yuzuki who was reassuring me. Noel let go of me and smiled slightly. I flashed him a small smile in return.

"Do you want to walk with me?" he asked, trying to cheer me up. I nodded and smiled weakly. After the peaceful walk, I took Ralph home.