Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

Mirai had returned home. I was just casually walking by the seaside until someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who?"
"Yuzuki, I know it's you."
"I know. I sometimes wonder why I even try these things..." He let go of me and held my hand while walking alongside me. I laughed.
"How did you even find me?"
"I asked Mirai," he replied.
"What about Mariyu?"
"I ended it with her. She said that she won't be back for a while and will probably spread bad things about us."
"Oh." I laughed half-heartedly.
"I should've never gotten close to you guys." He stopped and turned me around to face him.
"Then I would've never fallen in love with you and would've been forced to marry Mariyu." He kissed me lightly on the lips.
"Let's go back."

I just nodded. He took my hand. We walked in a peaceful silence back to his place. When we arrived, some guys dressed in black grabbed us. Yuzuki was struggling to get free until someone hit him hard on the head. He was knocked unconscious. Fear and worry took over me. Suddenly, something cold and hard hit me as well.

~Some time later~

I slowly opened my eyes. Huh? Where was I?

"I see you've woken up."
"Who are you?!"
"Calm down, I'm Mariyu's father."
"Where's Yuzuki?!"
"Don't worry, he's safe. He's still unconscious but we need him like that."
"Why?!"
"You see...he has fallen in love with you so I told some scientists to invent something to make him fall in love with the first thing he sees, which will be Mariyu." No...that couldn't happen.
"Don't touch him! It's my fault for getting close to him. Do whatever you want with me but just don't do that to him..." He just smiled.
"No can do, I don't take orders from my 'enemies'. Now have fun."

He left while laughing. *gulp* I tried to free my hands from the chains but it was no use. Then the same people dressed in black came in.

"What are you gonna do to me?"
"You'll see. You can scream all you want but no one will be here to save you, princess." I waited until one of the four people stood right in front of me. I kicked his 'part', he knelt down in pain.
"She's a feisty one, isn't she?" the tall one asked, smirking. He slapped me then pulled at my hair. They stuffed a cloth in my mouth.
"Now we'll try not to be too rough, princess."

I desperately tried to free myself even though I knew I would fail. At first, they started to beat me up. This was nothing compared to what they were going to do to me next. The guy that seemed to be the leader started to unbutton my shirt. When he stroked my cheek, I bit him.

"Why you!"

He slapped me. The others stayed back and didn't interfere. He kept hitting me and hitting me until he told one of the others to bring something over. It was a small dagger.

"I wonder where I should stab it...maybe 'down there'?"

Fear immediately took over me. He wouldn't do that...would he? He traced his finger along my thigh until the door suddenly burst open. Mirai and Yuzuki were standing in the doorway.

"Touch her one more time and you're dead."

The leader ordered the others to kill them. Yuzuki and Mirai took them down easily. But while they were fighting each other, the leader had ripped my shirt off.

Yuzuki grabbed him from behind and fought him with so much fury that even I was sorta afraid. Mirai took off his jacket and put it over me. He quickly untied me.

"T-thanks..."

Yuzuki immediately came over after he had beaten the leader. Mirai stepped to the side. Yuzuki hugged me. He didn't say anything. I felt something cold slide down my cheeks. Was I...crying?

"You can cry all you want, I'm here for you," he exclaimed softly, trying to soothe me.

I didn't realise how much I wanted to cry until he said that. I cried into his shoulder. He just sat there, hugging and soothing me.

Yuzuki's POV

She had cried herself to sleep. I looked at her carefully. She had bruises and cuts all over her. I clenched my fists. Did they really do all of this? Did they actually plan to do that as well?

"Yuzu, let's meet up wit the others and go home," Mirai exclaimed. The only thing I could do was nod. I picked (Y/n) up and followed Mirai out of this rotten place.
"How did you guys even manage to find us? Or even know that we were in trouble?"
"You know how you usually chat with us on (random messaging app)? Well, tonight you weren't online so we thought something was up. Also, (Y/n) wasn't answering any of my calls which was pretty unusual," Mirai explained.
"Neither of you were replying to any of us," Satsuki added.

Now there was a 200% chance that I would never marry Mariyu. She would go through all that trouble just to do this? To make me fall in love with her and torture (Y/n)?!

I went on Noel's car. When we arrived, I stepped out but stumbled. What did they do to me? Noel offered to carry (Y/n) so I gave her to him. I leaned against a wall. Mirai helped me up.

"Chihaya, please treat (Y/n)..."
"Yuzuki, we don't know what they did to you. Even though we are worried about (Y/n), we-"
"Please just treat her first...I need to know that she's safe..."

He reluctantly went over to (Y/n)'s room. I slumped onto the couch and put my head in my hands. She got hurt because of me...why couldn't I protect her?...