Chapter 3

(Y/n)'s POV

When they were done, I stood up and went on stage. Katie handed me my script.

"Thanks."
"You're welcome, make sure to do your job well," she exclaimed with a wink.
"Whatever." Apparently, Yuzuki would come on some time later.
"Lights, camera, action!"

~When acting~

I walked along a quiet street, heading towards my torturous job. I hated it but it was the only one I could find in the area.

"Hey you, you're late for work," my boss shouted.
"Sorry, I forgot to turn on my alarm."
"This is your last warning, make sure it doesn't happen again!" he ordered.
"Yes sir." I went inside the restaurant and went to the kitchen where I would be washing the dishes.
"Cut!"

~Acting stopped~

"Did something happen?"
"(Y/n), act with more enthusiasm and act as though you really are the character," (boy's name), my director, told me.
"Okay, I'll do better next time."
"Don't act distracted, act according to the script!"
"Yes sir."
"Action!" This went on for some time.

~After 2 hours of acting~

I sat down on a nearby seat. I had spent the entire time acting my part and Yuzuki wasn't needed at all. Ugh...this was so tiring.

"Hey (Y/n), is something on your mind?" Katie asked.
"No, it's nothing."
"Does it have something to do with your parents?"
"Sometimes you know me too well." She just smiled.
"It's my job."
"Yeah right *sarcasm*."
"(Y/n), just focus on your work. I need to make sure you do well. That's why Director (b/n) hired you. He expects great things from you."
"Okay, I'll try to focus on my work."
"That's what I like to hear." Yuzuki came up to us.
"The director told me to bring you over, it's time for the other part of scene 1," he exclaimed. *sigh*
"Well, bye Katie. See you later." She just smiled and waved. I left with Yuzuki. This was the part when I 'fell in love with him at first sight'.
"Lights, camera, action!"

~When acting~

I was walking along a quiet street. I had just gotten fired from my job. A heavy sigh escaped my lips.

"Hey, excuse me. Are you a local here?" A stranger walked up to me, in other words... 'Yuzuki'. I stared at him but quickly shook my head.
"Uh yeah, are you lost?"
"Yeah..." he replied while scratching the back of his head.
"I'll show you the way, where are you heading?"
"To the Shinoku (made-up name) residence." My eyes widened.
"The Shinoku residence?!"
"Yeah, why?"
"I-it's nothing."

I started walking and motioned for him to follow me. The Shinoku residence...was he a relative or something? They were a family that had become really famous through their company of making sports cars and trending clothes lines.

"I'm Nioki by the way."
"Oh, nice to meet you, Nioki. I'm Tsubaki."
"Um...if you don't mind me asking, why are you going to the Shinoku residence?"
"My father said that I had to learn some things about the business. I have to take over his business when he retires."
"You mean you're the son of Hikaru Shinoku?!" He nodded like it was a natural thing, nothing to be surprised about.
"Wow, your life must be great."
"Not really, I want to choose my own life. Not work for the business because I'm the next in line. I want to become a F1 racer."
"I would give everything I have to work for your father, haha. I lost my job and my rent's overdue."
"You lost your job?" he asked with wide eyes. I nodded.
"Life's been unfair ever since my parents kicked me out of the house."
"Why? Did you do something?"
"Well, they didn't want a child in the first place. Kicked me out straight after I graduated."
"Oh..."
"Well, here it is. It was nice meeting you."
"Thanks...um, if you don't mind, can I meet you again sometime? I mean, not as a date or anything..."
"Yeah, sure. I'll be free and homeless the rest of my life so feel free to call me whenever you want." I gave him my number.
"Well, I'll be off now."
"Alright, bye."
"Cut!"

~Acting stopped~

"Good job, (Y/n). You're dismissed, but come back tomorrow," director (b/n) said.
"Thank you, sir." I went off stage and was immediately crowded with a bunch of makeup artists.
"Miss (Y/n), right this way please," one of them said and led me to a chair.

They began removing the makeup and gave back my clothes. When I was done, I went back home. I immediately headed to my room and slumped down on my bed. I hated staying here. My phone vibrated. I answered the call.

"Was there something you needed, mother?"
"Where are you, honey? I heard that you finished on set."
"I'm at home and tell father to give you lessons on acting because you're not gonna fool me." I could tell that she was trying to keep in her anger.
"How could say that? I was only going to ask you of something. Just like a little favour."
"What is it this time?"
"Your father and I have discussed the issue of you having friends and we've decided that you'll only be allowed them if they helped you with your career."
"What? Mother! I can't do that!"
"Well, you're gonna have to."
"That's not fair! Why don't you and father use your friends like that?! Why are you applying these rules only to me?!"
"Because we're adults, and don't yell at me when you speak."
"I'm an adult as well, I do not want you treating me as if I'm some sort of lost puppy!"

I hung up. Tears fell from my eyes. How could they?... I did nothing wrong and yet...I still get punished. Please just kill me now, I didn't want to live my life like this. If only a miracle happened but they never did. I hugged my gudetama plushie.