Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

When the party was over, I went home with my parents.

"So (Y/n), what was Yuzuki like? He must be better than Mirai, I mean what does he even do?" my father asked while laughing. I tried not to show my anger.
"Yuzuki is fine and please don't insult my friend like that."
"(F/n), I think that's enough for tonight," my mother said.
"Oh please, (M/n). It won't insult our little girl, she's strong. Anyway, that Mirai. I suggest you ditch him. What's so good about him?" I clenched my fists.
"Father, he's a loyal friend."
"Stop lying, (Y/n). I know you don't like him," my father replied.
"Father, please stop."
"Hey girl, don't order me around."
"I'm not, I'm just telling you to stop insulting my friend."
"Watch it, girl. If you don't want me to kick you out, I suggest you ditch him."
"Father, please stop! He's the first friend I've ever had! I won't give him up for some stupid reputation!" He slapped me. I held my cheek and tried not to glare at him.
"Do not talk back to me, (Y/n) (L/n)!" I made eye contact with him and didn't look away.
"*sigh* This is a battle that neither of us can win," he said.
"I'm sorry, please excuse me."

I stormed off to my room. I had a shower to try to forget about what just happened and changed into my pj's. While I was drying my hair, my phone started vibrating. I answered the call.

"Hey Mirai."
"What were you doing? Yuzu's been bugging me about you ever since you left."
"Oh, I just went to the balcony and he magically knew where I was."
"Oh, haha."
"Hey Mirai, thanks for the help but you really should work on your acting skills."
"Why? Did Yuzu notice?"
"Yeah..."
"Oh..."
"Anyway, why did you call?"
"I was bored."
"You serious?"
"(Y/n), now would be a good time!" my father yelled from the other side of my bedroom door.
"Good time for what?" Mirai asked.
"Oh, it's nothing. Sorry, got to go. Bye."
"Oh, okay. Bye."

I hung up. *sigh* I slumped onto my bed and hugged all the plushies I had. I have to escape someday, escape from this torturous prison cell.

~The next day~

I woke up and stretched. It was currently 5am. I changed into (outfit for running) and tied my hair up into a ponytail. My parents were still asleep so I quietly went past their bedroom and grabbed an apple. I ate it while I was walking.

I listened to music while I ran so I got out my phone and put on my favourite song (obviously with earphones). While I was running, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry."
"Watch where you're going- wait, (Y/n)?!" Yuzuki asked, surprised.
"Huh? Yuzuki? What are you doing out here at this hour?"
"I should be asking you the same thing," he replied without even answering my question.
"I asked first."
"Ugh, fine. I need to get to the set, starts at 6:15."
"Oh, I'm going out for a jog."
"Pfft, don't make me laugh."
"Believe whatever you want, I need to get going. You should too, bye."
"Tch, bye."

He walked off. I shrugged and continued jogging. When I got to the lake, I slowed down to a walking pace and enjoyed the scenery. Suddenly, an old man fell down a few metres away from me. I immediately ran to him and helped him up.

"Are you okay, sir?"
"Oh, yes. I'm fine, thank you," he replied with a grateful smile.
"Don't mention it."
"Why...your face seems familiar in a way," he commented. Doesn't he know?
"Oh, I'm-"
"If you don't mind, I'd like to figure that out myself."
"Okay, sir."
"I'm Kotori, sorry for not introducing myself earlier."
"Oh, no...it's fine. I'm (Y/n)."
"Well, nice to meet you, (Y/n). But I'm sure you have a lot to do." I smiled at him.
"Will you be fine on your own?"
"Yes, of course. Be on your way now."
"Okay, bye Kotori." He just waved at me while I ran off. After a while, I went back home. My parents were eating breakfast.
"How was your morning jog?" my father asked.
"It was fine."
"Hurry up and go have a shower. You'll be needed on set soon," mother told me.
"Yes, mother." I went upstairs to my room and got ready. When I was done, I went back down.
"Your parents have already left, Miss (Y/n). I was ordered to take you there," Haruka, my butler, said.
"Oh, okay." We went outside. He opened the door of the silver Ferrari for me.
"Thanks."

I went in. He got in the driver's seat and drove off to the set. I needed to start working on a new movie today. It was called 'Love Struck' (I made this up). Apparently, two lovers - and I was one of them - fell in love at first sight and more stuff like that.

"We're here, Miss."
"Oh..." He opened the door for me and drove off after he made sure I was okay.
"Ah, (Y/n). You're here. Meet Yuzuki Kitaoji, you'll be working on this movie together," Katie, my manager, told me. What?!
"O-oh, okay..."
"Oh look, here he comes. Doesn't he just look so good? I'm so jealous of you," Katie exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. Yuzuki just walked past me without even greeting me.
"Oh, nice to meet you too, Yuzuki!" I called out with sarcasm lacing my every word. He just ignored me.
"What's up with him?" Katie shrugged and led me to the make-up artists. *sigh*
"Alright everyone, get (Y/n) ready for scene 1," Katie ordered.

Everyone rushed off in all directions and came back with lots of different materials. I let them do what they needed to do and waited until they were done.