Part 2: Magic

'It would be rather idiotic of me to let a stranger into my house so first, tell me, why are you here?' I pestered. I couldn't deduce the old man in the slightest, something that had never happened before.
He chuckled under his breath, seemingly amused at my actions, 'I am here to discuss a matter about you with your parents, is that sufficient reasoning?'

I noticed that his tone remained steadily calm. Good with dealing with stressful situations, I deduced, this could imply a severe past trauma or incident, probably involving someone close to him.

'Interesting' he said with a curious tone. Must have brought up something he was trying to repress. That often happened when I deduced people however I tried to be as sensitive as possible, unlike my brothers.

'Sorry, sir, did I say that out loud? I replied, sighing. I had made an initial bad impression, he was far less likely to tell me the information I wanted now.

'No, not at all' he said, entering the house, but not impolitely.

I was too in my head to even stop him. He couldn't have known what I was thinking, could he? I know I didn't say if out loud, I can tell when someone is lying, he was definitely telling the truth. Educated guess? Unlikely, if he got it wrong he would have made a bad impression, best not to say anything at all. So how?

Dumbledore began to address my parents when I snapped out of my thoughts.

'I am here to talk about Miss Homes education for high school, I presume you already have made arrangements.'

'Yes, we have' I began, desperate to stay in the conversation, I had barely learned anything about the mysterious man yet 'I am going to university, I am quite ahead of my education'.

'You see Miss Holmes, I am here to invite you to my school, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry'' he said, in the same calm voice.

I was shocked to say the least. Wizards? Witches? This man was insane, completely mad. Yet he wasn't lying, this wasn't a joke. The old fool believed every word that left his mouth.

He chuckled,' I would be pleased to inform you that they do'.
What? He did it again, he read my mind. No, he didn't read my mind, that's impossible. He is simply one hell of an actor.
'Prove it then, prove that magic exists' I said in the most mocking tone I couldn't of muster.

He pulled out a long, thin wooden stick from his robes. A wand? Is he serious? Someone's been on too many drugs, and it's not Sherlock for once.

He pointed the 'wand' at the plates on the table and said a Latin incantation, 'Avifors'.
A jet of blue light shot from his wand which then solidified into a small flock of beautiful bluebirds.
I was incapsulated with this fascinating, thing. For the first time in my life I felt confused and without words.
This didn't make sense. Magic of all things wasn't real.
'No... It can't... Magic isn't...' I was stuttering, I of all people didn't stutter. If my brothers saw me now... That's it. I needed to do some detective work.

'May I look at your wand, please' I said desperately, I didn't care for my manner, I needed answers.
I could tell he was going to politely say 'no' when his wand came flying out of his hand and into mine.

I held his wand in my hand,intrigued, surprised and confused yet for once Dumbledore looked little better than I did.