Part 3: Legimency

His wand was in my hand. All my instincts told me to give it a wave yet my brain told me it was more complex than that.

Read his thoughts.
It made perfect sense, since I now know he was reading my thoughts I must be able to do the same to him, right?

I emptied my mind, the best I could, and left as much room as possible. I focused purely on the fact of being inside his mind.
I strange sensation washed over my head, several jumbled images and thoughts filled up my head, coming and going, constantly changing.

Spells, I thought I need spells.
Dumbledore's mind was more complex than I had initially anticipated, or at least a lot more disorganised; having little knowledge of magic itself didn't help.

Then I found it,a spell.

Then, with the most impeccable timing, my dearest brother walked into the room.
'As much of a pleasure it has been, which I can assure you is very little, I must get going, I have a case'. Sherlock said, not really aiming his speech at anyone.

I looked at him and waved my wand, repeating the incantation that I discovered from Dumbledore's mind.

'Stupefy!'

A jet of red light was produced from the wand tip sending him flying backwards and crashing into the wall.
Well, that'll leave a bruise.

I looked over to Dumbledore with a look of guilt and excitement. I wanted to learn more about the art of magic and the deadly intricacies that it has to offer.
He surprisingly didn't look angry at me for my actions but was looking at me intently, like I had seen Sherlock do when examining the clues for a new case.
'Where did you learn that spell, Miss Holmes?' He inquired.
'From you' I said, knowing he would understand exactly what I meant.
'You are quite the curious child, Aysel, very curious indeed'.
'I am flattered,sir. I am happy to inform you that I would love to attend your school in September. Is there any other information I need or will you be going?'
He handed me a letter made from thick parchment with my current address written in a neat cursive. I nearly tore the seal unfolding the page inside the envelope.

The letter read as follows:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Holmes,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

First Year will require:

•Uniform

       ~Three sets of plain black work robes (black)

       ~One plain pointed hat (black for day wear

       ~One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

       ~One winter cloak (black, silver, fastenings)

       ~Please note that all students clothes should carry a name tag at all times

•Books

      ~Standard book of spells. Year 1 and Miranda Godshawk

      ~A history of magic by: Bathilda Bagshot

      ~Magical theory by Aldabert Waffling

      ~ A beginners guide to transfiguration by Emeric Switch

      ~One thousand magical herbs and fungi by Phyllilda Spore

      ~Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

     ~Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander

     ~The Dark Forces: A guide to protection by Quentin Trimble

•Other Equipment

     ~A wand

     ~1 cauldron (pewter size, standard size 2)

     ~1 set of glass or crystal phials

     ~1 telescope

     ~1 set of brass scales

     ~Students may also bring, and Owl, cat or a toad

   PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROKMSTICKS!

                    ..............................

'So, will you be providing the materials that I am unable to attain or is there a way I can get the supplies myself'  I asked, although I already knew the answer, Dumbledore wouldn't have given me the letter if he was providing them, he already knew my response to the acceptance.

'You will be going to Diagon Alley with a friend of mine, his name is Remus Lupin. He is not currently associated with the school but did attend when he was your age. He will help you get your supplies' he stated in a calmly manner before saying goodbye and leaving, but not before muttering 'rennevate' and reawakening my brother.