ix

we were standing outside of the venue now, there were a few stray people still around after hi touch, probably hoping to get a last peek of monsta x but i felt lost in my own world. rose was pacing back and forth in front of me, mumbling random thoughts on minhyuk with a huge smile on her face. suddenly she stopped and grabbed me by the shoulders and was viciously shaking me.

"JENNA," she was yelling in my face. "THE NOTE" i was clutching the medium sized paper in my hands but i was still working up the courage to look at it. HE had given me this paper. i could still feel the presence of his hands on mine and i hoped to never forget the feeling. rose was still shaking me back and forth so I finally sighed and stopped her from giving me whiplash.
I slowly opened the folded up paper, feeling rose breathing down my neck trying to get a look at the note as well.

'meet me at the back of the venue please. come alone. don't tell anyone. i'll be waiting. -Jooheon'

Oh my god. His handwriting was cute and slightly messy. But he wanted to meet ME. I quietly laughed at the awkward wording but I was happy that he even wanted to see me again. rose was again squealing in my ear.
"YOU HAVE TO GO"
Well of course I did, when would I ever get a chance like this again?
"You can't come with me though" I pointed out.
"I'll just live my dream through you!" I loved my best friend. I squeezed her in a hug while laughing at how cute she could be.
We decided that I would wait a few more minutes to head to the back and rose would take an uber back to the hotel but we would of course keep contact, just in case.
When the uber pulled up Rose said goodbye and ran towards it. Right before closing the door she had the grand idea of yelling out "good luck with jooheon"
Nice one, Rose. The small crowd still waiting outside all seemed to turn their heads at once at the sound of the name of a member. I casually walked further away pretending she wasn't yelling at me.
The crowd at the entrance started randomly screaming as a black van pulled up. I watched from a distance and I could barely see the heads of all seven members running through the crowd and into the van.
Seven. Seven members left in the van. Jooheon left.
My heart dropped into my stomach at that moment. I guess that note wasn't to be trusted.
I'm not sure how long it had been. 5, maybe 10, minutes. But the crowd outside the venue had all left and I was the only one still standing there.
I texted Rose, and I could just hear her yelling through text right now. I guess this was something that wasn't meant to be. Of course, as I was about to call an uber for myself, rose called and very loudly instructed me to go to the back of the venue anyways and if he wasn't there then she would personally take care of it. Not knowing what possible extremes my best friend was capable of, I decided to just listen to her and check the back just in case.
At this point it was getting quite dark. I was scared and nervous and I felt so many feeling at once that it all just felt like mush. I clutched my phone and began walking to the back, where my absolute favorite person in the world could or could not be waiting for me.
Negative thoughts flew in and out of my head as I walked closer and closer towards the back. But I knew Jooheon was an amazing guy and this wouldn't be like him to play with me like this.
I trusted him blindly.
---
The back of the venue was dimly lit and I felt like I was in a horror movie. I was taking small steps to try and stay out of the dark.
I'm in a city I don't know well, it's getting dark, I'm at the back of an empty venue, I'm alone, I'm waiting for an idol...what was I thinking?

A/N
I'm cutting this here for the moment! More to come soon. Thanks again for reading and voting and commenting.