xxiv

After finding a bathroom and reviving ourselves with a snack, we stood outside the venue waiting.

We watched as groups of people continuously dispersed from the venue.
It seemed to take forever.
I couldn't wait to run to him.

I skipped around Rose while singing the Monsta X songs we had just heard live.
She was annoyed at this point but the boys still hadn't exited the building.
There was fewer people walking out now, which meant they were probably about done with hi touch.
The outside was pretty empty besides the late stragglers that wanted to see MX leave.

I spent this time looking through my camera roll. The pictures I had just taken from the concert were so beautiful. A few were blurry from my hand shaking but most were perfect.
The pictures as Jooheon reached for my hand made my breath catch. He had such a strong effect on me.

A black van pulled in front of the venue.
Finally the boys walked out towards the van.
Minhyuk was skipping and waving at every fan that stayed behind, as the others just smiled and walked.

I walked into the small crowd that was around them just in time to make eye contact with Jooheon.
He shot me a knowing smile and I gave him a thumbs up.
Minhyuk was finally ripped away from greeting every fan and the van was loaded.
He continued to wave out the window as the van drove away. Rose was thrilled with it all.

Rose and I waited until everyone made their way away from the venue. She would then take her taxi back to the hotel and wait for me like last time.
She trapped me in a bone crushing hug while laughing loudly.
My best friend was nuts but I love her for that. She's a true friend for coming all this way with me and then hanging out in the hotel while I'm meeting a guy. Not just any guy, but Monsta X's Jooheon.

--
The coast was clear now.
I made my way to the back of the venue where we had first met.
My steps echoed creepily as I walked deeper and deeper.

Jooheons silhouette almost made me jump out of my skin. A relieved breath escaped mouth as we came face to face under the dim light.

"Hi"
"Hi"

My arms wrapped around his neck as his connected around my torso. I laid my head on his shoulder, this time could really be the very last time I see him and I planned to take in every single moment.

I could hear his heartbeat, a sound I would never forget.
"Thanks for coming" he whispered to the top of my head.
"Of course I would come," I lifted my head to look him in the face without breaking our embrace. "I would come to every single show if I could"

It was hard to be completely happy with him like this. I knew nothing would come from our secret meetings but I enjoyed every second with him.

"I'm taking you on a date." He smiled. He pulled away from my arms. His hand wrapped around mine and we made our way to the street to find a taxi.

--

"I hope you like sushi" he smiled at me.

Our hands never unlatched from each other as we sat at a table in the cozy restaurant.
Sitting across from him made my heart feel full.

We had casual small talk until our food came. Different types of sushi stared back at me from the table .
"Wow," I chuckled. "I hope you've got room for all of this."

"Believe me, I do!" He laughed back.
My smiles turned down in the corners at the thought of him working so hard he didn't have time to eat. And he's gotten so skinny lately that I've been worried!
Our hands slid apart to enjoy the food in front of us; I instantly missed the warmth of his skin.