xvi

It was early. Way too early to be awake after such a late night. But I was happy.

My phone was in my hand before my eyes were even fully open. Adjusting to the light, I was staring down at empty notifications. Maybe he wouldn't have time today, and I'll only have the beautiful memories of our one night.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Rose waking up, but it took her .5 seconds to come jumping into my bed asking me a million questions.

"Did he message?
Are you gonna meet him again?
Can I come?
Can I meet all of them?
Are you guys in love yet?
Okay but when's the wedding?"

"Chill, please" I laughed as I lightly pushed her off of me. I guess you could say she was a bit too excited. "He hasn't even messaged me yet"
.
We got ready for the day then went down for breakfast.
Even as I ate, I was completely absorbed in the blank notification screen. I just wanted one more chance to talk to him and then my life would be complete. It wasn't helping that Jooheon was both my lockscreen and my home screen. Sigh.

Rose decided we needed a distraction so we weren't just staring at my phone all day. So we went to The Grove, basically a huge mall, to pass the time.

We walked around for what seemed like a long time, casually window shopping, when we heard an odd amount of squealing.

Rose and I made the WTF face at each other and decided to check it out. Hey, I'm always up to see some drama.

Oh no! Are those fan girls? Seems like someone has been caught up in a bit of a mob. That sucks.
We were watching from afar until Rose also let out an odd squeal.
"What?what?what?" I asked.
"that's minhyuk!" She whispered loudly to me.
I trusted her knowledge on the top of his head, which is only what we could see of him over the girls that also recognized him.

"Does that mean the others could be here too?" I snapped Rose out of her daze. She only nodded at me.

We definitely had to help minhyuk somehow though. He seemed to be uncomfortable standing there alone among the girls. So me and Rose came up with a plan.
Mission save minhyuk! let's go!
-

I casually strolled to the back of the group as Rose stayed in the front to create a diversion.
"oh wow!" I heard her yell. "Is that wonho and shownu?!"
Of course I knew that would get the group of girls attention and as they turned to look towards Rose, I swooped in like a superhero to help a damsel in distress. Minhyuk being the damsel in distress. He resisted at first but seemed to understand that I came to help so he let me pull him away.

Finally we were a safe distance away to stop running. We hid for a while before Rose came to tell us the coast was clear.
"Thank you" minhyuk said to us. And I could sense Rose mentally screaming.

"where's the rest of your group?" I asked. "Do you need help finding them?"
He then explained how he got lost on the way to the bathroom and then the fans found him. Sounds like a minhyuk thing to do.
So here goes mission #2 : take minhyuk back to papa shownu and momma kihyun.

A/N
Hi guys! I know it's been forever. My bad 👀 I've been sulking over mx being in the us while I spent all my money on exo tickets. But here I am to finish the story! Hope you like this and keep reading.