xix

"JENNA!"

"Rose, did you hear that?" I looked at her.
She stopped walking and turned towards the voice. Her face instantly lit up by ten times.
"Look" she said, grabbing me by the shoulders and turning me around.

There he was.
Hair flowing in the wind. Lookin like a damn prince. Jooheon was running down towards us.
Maybe it's like a mirage. Maybe I'm crazy.

Catching his breath, he stood in front of me.
"What are you doing?" I asked him. He should already be on his way to the airport.
"I couldn't say goodbye like that" he said between deep breaths.

"What do you mean-?"
I didn't finish that question. My breath was taken away..

He arms wrapped around me, his arms enveloped me in a pure warmth I would never feel again.
My hands reached his strong back and I never wanted to let go.

This moment.
I would never forget this.

For this time we were completely alone. Just the two of us, it was like our own world. I felt his heart beat against my chest and his breath on the back of my neck. His smell captured me in a daze.

"Can I kiss you?"

I almost screamed out loud. What is going on today?! Maybe it's just the worst kind of nightmare and it would all disappear if I close my eyes.
I guess we'll find out..

I nodded my head slowly.
His eyes bore into mine and we seemed to stare for eternity.
My eyes fluttered closed as he leaned in.
It wasn't just a spark. It was a whole damn explosion as our lips met.
His lips were soft but in control.
I could waste my whole life in this kiss, but we pulled apart.

I couldn't hide the dopey smile on my face. But he smiled just as big.

One night changed my life.

Looking at him this close made me see so many more details and I know I would remember every single one.

Our isolated world was interrupted by his cell phone ringing in his pocket.
With one arm still wrapped around me, he answered the phone.

It was time for him to go.
As much as I wanted to frown at this, my face just couldn't possibly stop smiling after that kiss.

"I'm going to message you whenever I can" he promised. "Don't forget me"

I laughed to myself Like there wasn't a million reminders around me constantly. Posters, Albums, Photo Cards, I couldn't forget if I wanted to.

"I really have to go before I get in trouble" he laughed.
I nodded, afraid that my voice would give away my feelings.
One last time, he grabbed my face between his hands and gave me the sweetest kiss.
My heart raced a million miles.
"I'll see you again"

and that was the last thing he said before he turned and walked away.
I didn't move from that spot and he continuously looked back at me until he was out of sight.

Rose walked back over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder.
We didn't say anything to each other as we made our way back to the hotel.
---
THE NEXT DAY

I dreamt of him last night. I could still feel him on every inch of my skin that he touched. I was so happy but it hurt.

We had to check out of the hotel and make our way to the airport.
We had a nice breakfast - we were both visibly sad that we had to leave already.
But it was time to get back to the real world.

On the ride to the airport I took the time to stare out the window and appreciate the city. I didn't spend much time here but I loved every moment.

I breathed in deeply, eyes closed, wind spinning my hair around. Every small thing felt so much deeper lately.

.
.
.
We landed. We were home.
I was somewhat relieved to be able to sleep in my own bed but there was a tugging on my heart that wanted to be back in LA.

Sharing all those beautiful moments with my best friend only made it that much better.

-
The next day would continue as normal.
I changed my lock screen today. His eyes would no longer meet mine as I look down at my phone.
I wouldn't take down my posters but I couldn't look at them the same way I used to.
It still felt like a dream. Someone I had only known through a screen entered my real life and now I don't know how I'll ever be the same.
I'll always support monsta x.
Meeting them only made me want to work harder for them.
.
.
.
.
Days had past. I still hadn't heard anything from Jooheon.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I knew he was busy.

[new message]
It's him.!
He hopes I'm doing well and he'll be busy for a while and doesn't know when he'll be able to contact me again.
He misses me. I miss him too.

Weeks pass now.
[new message]
An apology. It's been a while.
I see his live stages. I saw him on After School Club. I smiled stupidly through it all.

how long has it been now?
4 months.
[new message]
He's busy. They're preparing something. I've been voting non stop.
A comeback is coming.

I still feel his touch on my skin.
I've kept the smile he gave me for all this time.

It's been a while.
How long will I wait this time?...