04. quaquaversal

She ate macaroons, leaving crumbs of Paris on her lips, He fell in love with the whole city in one taste of her kiss.
-Earnest.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I stepped back hesitantly

"Its okay. You have the phobia thingy, I get it." He smiled reassuringly.

The same old smile that lights up my days. The same old smile that made me feel so nostalgic. The smile I could see forever and ever.

Him and I, it was a tale as long as time. Back then, he was cute, relentless and above all, sweet - When I fell in love with him, he didn't have a jawline or a sturdy body to offer, he just had chubby cheeks and undying energy. He didn't earn drools from girls back then, he was just a normal ten year old.

But I loved him because he agreed to help a girl whom nobody wanted to help. I loved him regardless of his appearance, I loved his soul. His every phase, his broken arm phase, his muscle ruptured phase, his chickenpox stricken phase. Everything, I stood by him.

And now here he was, looking better. Oh god, better than good. Better than anything, honestly. I knew it. I knew it all along. I knew he would mature up good.

Holding my emotions back with an inhale, I led him to the door, it had gone pitch black outside now, moreover it seemed like it was drizzling outside. I opened the door and we stepped into the veranda and I wasn't wrong, it was pouring outside.

Raindrops rambunctiously pattering upon the cemented pavements with such a melodious symphony. Petrichor wafted around in the air as I inhaled the inviting fragrance.

"Its raining pretty hard." Ash said as he scratched the back of his head, "Should've came a little earlier."

I couldn't describe how beautiful the feeling was, the night sky, last rain of summer and a little colder weather, vast woods beyond soaked in rainwater, the scent, the scenario, him and me. I couldn't help but look ahead at the grass drenched in water, the garden was barely lit by a few flickering street lamps that my mother had installed in our garden. Like I had mentioned earlier, my house was in between woods and so a lake was right ahead my house. There was more and more water dripping into the lake and the sound was bringing me back to life.

Ash harrumphed, pulling me out of my reveries, "Do you, um, have an umbrella?"

"An Umbrella? Don't tell me you're planning to go in this weather." I pointed towards the rain, "You'll catch a cold."