33. Tausendsassa

I felt an unusual flutter in my chest as I looked over to Ash being referred to

I felt an unusual flutter in my chest as I looked over to Ash being referred to. My cheeks dyed in a deep pink shade as I instantly shook my head and withdrew my hand, formerly intermingled with his.

"Oh, no no.We're not dating!" I almost instantly blurted out.

I looked over to Ash who seemed confused, nudging him as he silently hissed, causing me to scowl at him,

"Yeah, I'm not her boyfriend." He slightly shook his head after getting my gesture.

"Oh. I thought someone had finally gotten fortunate to have your attention -" Lottie chuckled before moving her face in Ash's direction, "I mean, there a lot of handsome guys swooning over her. But Sen seems to pay no attention at all. When they try to talk to her, she simply ignores them. Most of the boy population solely come to the library just to catch her attention. Many of them even tried to get her contact details from me!"

Ash's eyes had a glint of quirkiness as he looked at me with his signature taunting smirk.

"You two enjoy yourselves! I must get to work." She waved at us, "By the way, you two look cute together!"

I sighed and shook my head as I walked over to the vending machine, only to be overtaken by Ash who inserted his money into the machine before me,

"Skittles, right?" He asked to which I nodded, getting the approval, he punched the button as a crunch rustling pack of skittles was received and passed to me by Ash.

I could've asked him how he knew that I always had skittles during reading but I guess all the curiosity inside me was murdered by my anxiousness to finally get done with it.

We both gave Lottie a last look before aiming for another glass door and entering the main library. It was comparatively and exceptionally quieter in here. It wasn't crowded, but rather a maze of shelves and small tables around each here and there.

Some people were busy with schoolwork, some came in as groups, some were rebels; whose sole purpose of coming was to gossip and chat about irrelevant details, and some were bookworms with large rimmed glasses and faces dug into the musty smelling books supported by one hand and an unfinished espresso cup in another hand.

The silence was something that attracted me towards this place. It was the best part.

Ash's eyes flitted around as he observed the library. I hovered over to a shelf as I pulled out a salmon covered book that was recently hitting the nerd news at school these days, so why not?

Now was the time to decide a suitable spot to sit.

The seatings were classified into types. There were the normal seats; the wooden chairs with tables. Then there were the VIP seats; sofas. And last were the premium seats a.k.a bean bags.

Not that you had to pay for the seats, but rather it was a competition among the visitors to get the privilege of sitting on the beanbag, for which they had to rush here earlier than others to find them vacant. You could say it was a race.