27. Metanoia

They were hearts too flowered to love her,
Her spiders devoured their butterflies.

They were hearts too flowered to love her,Her spiders devoured their butterflies

The voices in my head were too much to bear. All the pressure was giving me anxiety. I was exhausted. I couldn't even percept that I'd see Ash's beautiful face like this. It was so dear to me. He was so gorgeous, inside out. Such people didn't deserve this. Nobody deserved this torment.

It was all my fault, I knew I should've distanced myself from people, but I was too selfish. I always wanted to socialize even though I was not carved for it. My friendship always came with consequences. I was a burden, a curse.

They pelted him until he was painted with blood and his face was bruised entirely, finally he fell on his knees and crashed on the ground in defeat as I gasped in terror, yelling his name one last time but this time, he did not stand up.

Without another word, Lysandre pulled out a revolver from his pocket. Ash's expressions surpassed the degree of pain as he looked at the dangerous weapon slowly being aimed at him. Lysandre was going to shoot him.

"N-NO LYSANDRE! PLEASE D-DON'T-" I yelled out at the top of my lungs.

"He's done enough damage, Serena. There's no point in saving him now." Lysandre smirked.

"Wh- B-but Ple -" My eyes widened in shock as I gave Ash the meekest apologetic look ever.

It was over.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I kept on sobbing and begging Lysandre to stop. The end of the gun finally pointed at the terribly wounded guy who had no stamina remaining to move even a inch and continued flinching in pain. I had to do something. I couldn't give up like this. I had very little time.

Was it over?

My legs gave up as I fell upon my knees, on the brink of falling apart until I remembered his words,

"Never give up until its over."

My mind flashed back to the times I had spent with my father, particularly when a little version of me asked my father once, "Daddy, What'd you do if someone puts a gun to my head and asks you for something very precious to you in return for not shooting me?"

I continued chewing the jelly in my mouth as he smiled, picking me up in his arms as he spoke, "What can be so precious? I don't think there's something more precious than a life."