10. Noosphere

"Long time, Miette

"Long time, Miette." I smiled at her as she batted her eyelashes thickly coated with mascara.

"A really pleasant long time, I must add." She mockingly said as she adjusted her hairband.

Hairband, because queens wore crowns and her alternate was hairband.

She then plopped onto the vacant seat beside Ash opposing me and scurried through the menu card.

"So how come the pleasant invite, Blondie?" Miette glanced at me.

"A little favor." I beamed.

"Spill." She shrugged.

"As I mentioned earlier, could you do us a favor by assisting Ash as his significant other in front of his previous love interest to show her that he's over her love spell?" I sophisticatedly said. It always does the trick.

She frowned immediately.

"Why do you want me to act as his girlfriend in front of Misty?" Shesummarized it with a frown.

"Because he's a heartthrob? You need this opportunity." I whispered.

She squinted her eyes before gripping my arm and dragging me into a corner where the cash counter was situated, away from Ash and Dawn.

"Why would you want 'me' to do that?" Miette frowned, "You've always loved him! Now's your chance. Are you dumb?"

"I do not like him." I looked away, "Not anymore."

"Who are you even kidding? I'm the only person who knows all about it, You can't hide it from me."

Miette knew. And how she knew and not anyone else, is a long story.

That is because Miette and I had been batch mates since the elementary school, she hated me back then but who am I to complain? She loved no one. She was there when I was with Ash and she was there when he left me, that's when her heart began to melt and she began acting a 'little' nicer to me. Sympathetically.

She'd tell me to have guts, to talk to my friend who was drifting apart from me, before its too late. Ash forgot me but she didn't. That's how she knew. She knew about my crush because it was so damn obvious. But Ash was always too dense to notice. She still tells me confront him.

To be honest, Just like my other friends, Miette was a blessing for me. She was just like - how do I explain? You know that moment in examination hall when you're the only one doing the exam and you're all panicked, on the verge of hypothermia, trying to swallow that you're the last one. To me, she was like another person in the hall, who is also speedily scribbling something on the exam sheet. That one kid, that makes you feel like you're not the only one. You're not alone.

She was that one person.

We connected on a spiritual level. Maybe that's because we've both suffered from very similar problems.