43. Fanaa

I know, I know -- I ran away

I know, I know -- I ran away. I ran away without saying a word, bidding a farewell. I left you shattered, without even acceptance or denial, I left you confused and empty like those unfinished books that never got a conclusion. I abandoned you because I wasn't strong like you, I was a coward. No matter how powerful and relentless I appeared in everyone's eyes -- I was afraid of confronting you.

You must hate me for it -- I hate me too. But I guess its all for good. You'll hate me and it'll help you move on, which has become an absolute necessity. But one thing is for sure, that I'll never EVER forget you, Serena Yvonne. You left me with that impact. Remember when you told me to burn everything that reminds me of you? Guess what? The infinite blue sky reminds me of your eyes and I cannot, even if I try, set the sky on fire.

I always hided it. From you, from myself. I was too afraid to admit. But there's still one thing I have to tell you. You are beautiful.

Not just any kind of beautiful, but the celestial -- stellar kind of beautiful. In your own unique way, you steal breaths.

You're not the kind of pretty a model would be, no you didn't achieve the model status, actually far from that -- but I like you without the model status. You're the midnight stargazing kind of pretty.

Your smile reaches your eyes and crinkles them like an old button down shirt that needs ironing.

You dressed yourself like a dark night, camouflaged yourself beneath the gray cumulonimbus clouds, there was lightning on the edge of your eyes. But in reality, you were like summer rain. Your footsteps were raindrops pattering on the glass paneled windows. And when you smiled, all I could see were golden specks lighting up the electric forest that surrounded them.

You looked like a rising sunset, a homogenous mixture of warm colors and radiating positivity, A pure contrast to the dark night that covers them. There's a reason why moon and galaxy stars appear so bright against the galaxy stars, you never know the light until you've seen the darkness.

But your eyes, oh god. I could forever write about them. They were so naive, unaware of the artistry of lying like your shrewd lips. They were straightforward and an open book, revealing everything you had to offer. They told stories. Of everything you had ever seen.