06. Coruscate

Sometimes its just easier to hide beneath dark skies and black liquor than to admit that you miss their light.

-Jake Banks.

"I'm blessed to have them

"I'm blessed to have them." I beamed and I was surprised to find Ash still paying attention to my never ending ramblings. I was such a grandma when it came to stories.

"That's really great, I hadn't thought of what my friends meant to me before hearing from you. I guess friends DO play a great role in our lives. By the way, Paul and Drew, you were talking about, they are my buddies." Ash grinned.

"Oh, I never knew." I lied.

Oh who was I even kidding. I knew Ash's entire autobiography. From head to toe.

"Ash, there's something I wanted to tell you." I muttered.

This had to be dealt with.

"What is it, Serena?" He asked, clueless.

I inhaled a greater proportion or air before finally gathering the courage to speak up,

"I don't think that you're over your relationship with Misty. You still have her souvenirs that would remind you of her. They make you think more and more about her. That's - not moving on, I'm afraid." I gulped.

"I - No, I don't." He defended.

I crossed my arms and arched an eyebrow at him.

"What's your phone's screen wallpaper?" I huffed.

"Okay, maybe just that."

"Who gave you that watch?"

"Only these two, okay?"

"Do you have her picture on your nightstand?"

"Alright! Alright!" He pouted, "Maybe you're right."

"You're so difficult." I sighed briefly.

"Now what am I supposed to do?" He inquired, a frown plastered on his weary face.

I took a deep breath as I gulped. This is for your own good, Ash.

"Firstly, Change that wallpaper, Delete all her pictures, her contact number and all your previous conversations." I said sternly, without a pause.