07. Logastellus

I fluttered open my eyes to sunlight seeping into the room through the white curtains, illuminating the room

I fluttered open my eyes to sunlight seeping into the room through the white curtains, illuminating the room. Some of the light rays directly fell into my eyes as I groaned and veiled my eyes with my elbow. I decided to shift my position but I felt some sort of unfamiliar weight on my waist. I frowned as I fully opened my drowsy eyes and raised my head to see it.

A hand. It was just a hand. Wait, but I lived alone!

My eyes widened as I gulped, I plopped my head down on the pillow and saw a familiar face next to me, soundly sleeping with his mouth agape.

Ash. I suppressed my urge to scream as I held my breath and lay there motionless, playing dead for a while. After a little session of self-debate in my mind, I struggled to slightly pull it off of me but failed. I gave up and pretended to sleep and avoid the fact that I had just encountered such an awkward moment.

After what seemed like '2000 years later' in Sponge Bob accent, Ash finally shifted as he let out a yawn and stretched for comfort. With partially opened eyes, I noticed him sit up on the bed and yawn again. He then let out a goofy smile and ruffled his jet black strands of perfumed hair, seeming like he had a good sleep.

He then looked at me most immediately and his smile widened. I noticed him lean closer, having a closer inspection of my facial structure which caused me to mentally scream. He then neared his hand towards my face and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear while I expertly pretended to sleep.

Chill, Serena. You're just dead.

I shouldn't have taken off that goddamn headband.

I tried so hard not to feel too much but I ended up blushing so I shifted my position towards the nightstand and hoped for him to shift his attention. Soon, he lazily got on his feet and dragged himself towards the bathroom.

I sighed in relief and tried to recall what had happened.

It wasn't a dream, he was here for real. He touched my hair intentionally. And not to mention, WE SHARED A FREAKING BED.

I hastily regained composure and ran for door. I wanted to run, to escape. And so, I did. I ran, and ran, and ran, without a pause, through the corridors, across the living room without any thoughts of past in my head, but just euphoria. I finally halted in the kitchen and caught my breath.

Now what was I supposed to do?

I had to hide before he comes. I didn't know why, but it seemed like a right thing to do. Selecting a couch, I decided to hide myself behind it. I sat there motionless for a while until I heard footsteps. I gulped in fear as perked my head out and cautiously peeked at the predator.

He was standing right there, crossing his arms with raised eyebrows, his eyes transfixed on me, demanding an answer.

Why?