35. Appetence

"Dawn? Do I look too - I don't know - overdressed?" I hesitantly said as I shifted in front of the full length mirror, "I mean - the red lipstick is kind of too - bold

"Dawn? Do I look too - I don't know - overdressed?" I hesitantly said as I shifted in front of the full length mirror, "I mean - the red lipstick is kind of too - bold."

"Shut up, Serry. You look drop dead gorgeous. Honestly, you don't even look like you're Serena. You look you've just stepped out of the vogue magazine." Dawn said as she tucked the last bobby pin into my short strawberry blonde updo.

She was right there. I really didn't look like myself at all. The dress undescribably complimented my body shape, the waistline fitted perfectly and the dress reached a few inches above my knees. The upper portion being darker in shade while the color of skirt impeccably matched my blue eyes. It remarkably accentuated my body shape and complexion.

The crimson shade on my lips was pointy at the edges, making my face an entirely unfamiliar scenario, an embodiment of sophistication. The winged eyeliner that Dawn had drawn on my eyelids was without a single smudge, clearly a result of her years of practice and experience. We finished off the look with the Christian Louboutin pumps that Miette had gifted me and they exceptionally highlighted the shape of my legs.

I looked pretty, nonetheless.

I turned around as I looked at my back profile that also seemed to be on point. This was a little too hard for me to take in. I was obviously going too far with my flashy outfit while my purpose was just to drink coffee.

"Dawn, this isn't me. I can't - "

"Gosh, Serry! Stop being a grandma and live a little." Dawn groaned, "You're eighteen and young."

"Whatever you say, Dawn." I shook my head as I silently followed her downstairs and headed outside for Diamond.

The drive was short distanced and we reached Java Jazz in no time. I stepped out of the car as Dawn gave me a worried look.

"You sure you can do it alone?" Dawn frowned as she bobbed her head out of the window, "I mean, I could stay and keep an eye on you two if you want."

"Dawn, trust me I'll be fine, and if anything happens then - " I nodded in assurance, "I'll handle it by myself."

"Alright, but if that jerk does 'anything' suspicious. I will NOT forgive him." Dawn clenched her fists as I shook my head vehemently.

"See you, Dawn!" I said as I began to walk on my way towards the entrance of the cafe, my heels clicking against the cemented path.

The ribbon Ash had given me was tied at the neckline of my dress, I thought that it totally killed the color composition of the dress by offering another vibrant shade into the symmetry. Dawn also thought that it completed the look of the dress so she let me make this little addition. My shoulder bag hung on my bare shoulder contained other essential provisions along with Ash's handkerchief for good luck.

That handkerchief always meant the world to me, I often washed, ironed and neatly folded it into quarters to safely keep it around me on any special occasions and today was one.