08. Hallucinating

"Where?" My question rang loud and clear in the silent room

"The usual, that vintage cafe thingy, what was it's name again?" Dawn squinted her eyes, trying to recall.

"Its called 'Sweet Scandals'." I spoke, slightly more awkwardly.

"Yeah right! there, we did have a weekend plan after all!" Dawn chanted, "Ash can join us, you know - the more the merrier!"

"I guess, well - okay?" I responded.

"What if MY opinion contradicts?" Ash barged in.

"You don't matter, Ash." Dawn sassily beamed, "In fact, no guy matters unless he's Paul."

Well, that was Dawn for you. Taking the sass game to the next level.

Ash scowled at her statement as he grumbled a 'whatever' under his breath.

"And you, girl, go wear something classy. You can't win his heart wearing 'That'." She pointed at my clothes.

"Dawn, stop Hallucinating!" I frowned, "And I'm obviously not going out in my Pajamas. Chill out." I spoke as I reluctantly began head upstairs to my closet.

"Wait - DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ASH ABOUT ANYTHING REGARDING ME OR MY WEDDING!" I gave Dawn a death glare before heading upstairs.

I walked into my closet as I changed into a pair of light wash high-waisted denim ripped jeans and an off-shoulder crop-top in aqua color. I stepped into my newest pair of brown leather Lita boots left my short honey-blonde hair open.

I walked downstairs and Ash and Dawn both noticed me. Dawn walked up to me and frowned, looking disappointed.

"Uh- Is this what you've learned about fashion from me?" She pouted, "This combination is a total trash. You've let me down."

My smile abruptly fell as I lowered my head and sighed in defeat.

"No, Dawn! You're very wrong. Serena, you look absolutely stunning, she's just jealous." Ash defended, his eyes burned with ferocity.

Dawn's lips curved into a vicious smile as she looked at me,

"See! I told you he likes you, he cares! He defended you and most importantly, he complimented you! He has an incontrovertible crush on you!" Dawn squealed, "He actually fell for my awesome plan!"

"Its not like that I - I-" Ash stuttered in embarrassment.

"Serena, you should definitely decide our wedding avenue and the accent you wanna say 'I Do' in." She squealed as I sighed.

Dawn was extremely obnoxious sometimes. Most times.

"Dawn for god's sake , stop hallucinating!" I hid my rosy cheeks.

"Okay! Okay! by the way, Serena, you look gorgeous as always. You know it was another one of my meticulous plans, Let's get going now!" She gave me a side-hug and drifted outside house.