44. Breathe

Breathe was something I couldn't at the moment

Breathe was something I couldn't at the moment. Saying I was overwhelmed was merely an understatement. My heart was pounding and the air inside my lungs momentarily paused as a few pats on my back coming from Dawn brought me back to life,

"Oh my God, breathe, Serena--"

I hadn't even noticed that a numerically large quantity of tears just rolled down my eyes as I read through the letter, each line sending me into complete and utter state of euphoria.

I felt alive.

"He loved me--" The letter was snatched from my hands by Dawn while my hands remained firm as paralyzed in their position.

"Holy Mother of --" Dawn gasped before plopping down on the couch, "I knew it. Where is psychic award?"

"How can I --" I was hyperventilating, "What am I supposed to do now?"

"Talk to him -- Just meet him for the love of Lord!" Dawn threw up her arms in frustration.

"But - But he's gone." I sighed briefly, "I don't even know where he is."

"I'm not sure but," Delia clicked her tongue, "His flight is tomorrow morning, so there's a slight possibility that he's going to the prom today. Let's hope for the best-"

"He's leaving tomorrow?!" Dawn gasped.

"That means that now's our only chance." I frowned.

"So you're going to the prom?" Dawn's eyes widened.

It was pretty clear that I was not going to the prom after the whole Calem incident, but now I felt conflicted. I was definitely going.

"It's about time I make things right." I frowned.

"WE ONLY HAVE FOUR HOURS TO GET READY FOR PROM." Dawn yelled at the top of her lungs, "Well, I haven't really used the authority of being a wealthy man's spoiled wannabe daughter, but now, it has become a necessity."

She then pulled her phone out of her purse and speed-dialed someone, tucking it to her ear, she cleared her throat, "Hello, Dawn Berlitz here, I would like to book an urgent appointment to a salon--"

As soon as she cut the call a victorious smirk settled on her lips, "We're all good to go!"