22. exhilarating

I finally caught my breath and sighed in relief, drinking down a glass of water to subside my rising heartbeat

I finally caught my breath and sighed in relief, drinking down a glass of water to subside my rising heartbeat. I wiped off my tears and splashed some fresh water onto my face, which admittedly made me feel rejuvenated. Before I could head upstairs, I heard a knock at the door, I grumbled as I walked my way up to the door and saw through the looking glass, only to find a familiar blue-headed teen outside.

I sighed in relief, if Dawn possessed any virtue at all, then that would be her ability to make me laugh and forget my past, no matter how traumatizing it was, she introduced me back to life. This girl was a need. And not to mention, I needed her as bad as morning coffee, she was necessary to toss away my worries. Basically, she was an antidepressant without any adverse effects. She could surely get my mind off of my recent terrifying encounter with Lysandre.

I opened the door as she came barreling in, in the classic dramatic-dawn style, she took a deep breath as I braced myself for the drama awaiting me. She gave the you-wont-believe look.

"You won't believe!" She yelled impulsively, "My mom threw me out of my house!"

"Her house." I corrected as she groaned.

I would be surprised if this phenomenon didn't happen every week, of Dawn walking into my house at midnight whining about her mother throwing her out of the house.

"You're not helpful." She frowned.

"Alright, what happened?" I spoke, resisting my urge to add 'This time' at the end.

"Its not my fault that I've failed a chemistry test and that I'm bad at hiding." She pouted.

"Well, technically, it is." I shrugged, "Did you fail the test and double failed to hide it? Again?"

"Yes, and she kicked me out." She grumbled madly.

"Did she?" I arched an eyebrow, knowing her too well, "Or did you leave the house repeating your weekly 'I'm leaving this house forever' script lines?"

"Its getting very cliché now, isn't it?" She sighed, "Well she didn't stop me either. And I was justified this time!"

"Were you?" I clicked my tongue.

"Well, I tried my very best!" Dawn defended.

"Oh come on! You didn't even open your textbook for once the entire year." I frowned.

"Uh, I was taking about hiding, but whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Do you not think that my house would be the first place she'd come to when looking for you?" I questioned.

"Firstly, no, because I told her that I'm going to live with you forever and she always thinks I'm lying so she'd obviously be anywhere but here. Secondly, she'll never come looking for me." Dawn stretched her lips into a wide fake smile.

She was true there. Johanna, her mother was the typical egotistical strict parent with trust issues. And I could write a book on that. Johanna was like a second mother to me, while Dawn didn't even like to call her mother at all, "Mothers are caring, which my mom is NOT by any chance." She would often say and I'd sigh.