Welcome Home Becca (Ch 14)

Cody's POV

I sat in the living room as Alli and mum walked around looking for something. I laughed at them as they moved pillows, coats, even shoes thinking Buddy took and hid whatever their looking for. I decided to end their searching.

"Are you guys looking for something?" Alli turned toward me with her hand on her hip.

"Yes." She sounded sarcastic, but that would mean they weren't.

"Would it possibly be these?" I pulled the keys to the van out of my pocket. She reached for them but I pulled them out of reach.

"Come on Cody. Mum said I could drive."

"Where?"

"To get Becca!"

"I'm driving." I got up and put my shoes on. I got up front and started the car waiting for mum and Alli. They slowly came out. Mum sat up front and Alli in back. She started complaining that mum said she could drive. She just got her licence two months ago and has only gotten to drive three times. Dad thinks she's gonna crash. I thought it was hilarious when he told me that.

I pulled into LAX and parked. We all got out.

"Do you know what gate she's coming from?" I asked as we navigated through the crowded airport. People coming home, people on vacation, and paparazzi trying to take pictures of us. Alli's music career has taken off. She just released her first album. She's still a model, a well known one to. She's known for the being the youngest well known model. I have had two albums come out since I'v last, romantically, been with Becca.

"Ya, gate seven." We headed over there and they wanted us to go through security even if we're just here to pick up someone. We tried to go through it as quickly as possible. I wonder if Becca is still a fan, if she has the two albums that I'v released, if she has Alli's first album. We walked to the gate and waited patiently. People started coming out of the gate, and I waited to see the familiar face. This girl came out and Alli thought it was her.

"That's not her."

"How do you know?"

"I just do." We waited again. I saw her. She looked different though. She came running towards us. She hugged Alli first. She moved to my mum and hugged her, thanking her for letting her move in with us again. Then she got to me. She wasn't sure what to do so I wrapped my arms around her.

"Welcome home Becca." I whispered to her. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed.

-

We're walking to the beach. I'm walking next to Becca, Alli on the other side of her. Every once in a while I would sneak glances at her. There is something different about her. I just can't pin point it right now. I brought my surf board with my because I want to surf. Becca said she didn't want to and Alli said she might. Becca and Alli went and sat on the beach. They started talking and I walked to the edge of the water. I slipped the cord around my ankle and started to paddle out.

Becca's POV

I took my phone out and pressed on the camera icon. I didn't think to bring my cannon with me. I lifted my phone and waited for Cody to catch a wave. I snapped one picture before he looked in out direction and waved. I got a really cool picture of him doing that. Alli and I talked for awhile before Cody came back cause it was getting dark. We walked back together. I can't believe I was away and missed simple things like going to the beach. Well I won't miss these opportunities anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love you<3