A Drop In The Ocean (Ch 27)

Becca's POV

Cody's been on tour for the past eight months. It's been a hard eight months but we got through it. I love him, and I know he loves me. He texted me earlier saying that he'd be gone for another three weeks. Now I'm laying in his bed listening to his album. When I miss his voice I listen to him singing. My phone buzzed with a new text. I paused the music and checked it. It's from Alli.

"Hey can we talk? Come to the end of the pier."

I took my headphones out and texted her back telling her I'd be there in ten minutes. I threw on a pair of jean shorts, and one of Cody's sweatshirts. I slipped on my air Jordans then headed out the door. I grabbed my keys on the way out and slipped my phone into my pocket. I slowly drove down the road towards the pier. I'm sure she meant the one closest to the house. I pulled into the empty parking lot and walked to the end of the pier after locking my car. I checked the time, almost midnight. I wonder what she's doing at the pier at midnight. I got to the end and she was no where to be seen. I leaned on the railing looking out at the ocean. I heard foot steps behind me and figured it to be Alli. Someone was suddenly at my side. I looked over at the girl with long blond hair.

"You wanted to talk?" I asked as we both looked out at the water.

"No." I looked over at her. She just smiled.

"Then why am I at the end of a pier at midnight?"

"You'll see." Tanner appeared beside me.

"I don't like where this is going..."

"Oh calm down, it's not like we're plotting to push you off the pier then hide the evidence." Tanner said chuckling.

"Ya that calms me down." I said sarcastically. We just sat there staring out at the ocean for a few minutes before I felt strong arms wrap around me from behind. Alli smiled so I know it's not some stranger. I turned around in their arms and saw the face of my Australian boyfriend. I instantly hugged him.

"I thought you said you were gonna be in London for another few weeks?" I said into his neck.

"Surprise." We loosened our grip and pressed our lips against each others.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too. Here, sit." I sat on the bench and Alli and Tanner stood back. Suddenly Angie, Brad, and Tom appeared. Cody pulled the strap on his guitar over his head and took a pick out of his pocket. I sat quietly as he began to strum a familiar tune.

"A drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most,

Cause you are my heaven.

And my Angel." I smiled at the last line he added. Angie and Brad came over and stood behind Cody.

"I don't wanna waste the weekend

If you don't love me, pretend a few more hours, then it's time to go

As my train rolls down the Gold Coast

I wonder how you keep warm

It's too late to cry

Too broken to move on

And still I can't let you be

Most nights I hardly sleep

Don't take what you don't need from me." Angie and Brad moved back behind Alli and Tanner.

"It's just a drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most,

Cause you are my heaven." Alli and Tom came over and stood on ether side of Cody. Tom is sixteen now and almost taller than Cody.

"Misplaced trust and old friends

Never counting regrets

But a grace of God I do not rest at all

In New England as the leaves change

The last excuse that I'll claim

I was a boy who loved a woman like a little girl

And still I can't let you be

Most nights I hardly sleep

Don't seek what you don't need from me

It's just a drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most,

Cause you are my...

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore

Heaven doesn't seem far away" Tom walked away and Tanner came and stood next to Alli. Tanner wrapped his arm around Alli's wast and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"A drop in the ocean

A change in the weather

I was praying that you and me might end up together

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert

But I'm holding you closer than most,

Cause you are my heaven

You are my heaven." The song ended and Alli and Tanner went back over and stood with everyone else. Cody slipped his pick into his pocket and put his guitar behind his back. He took something else out of his pocket and got on one knee in front of me.

"I know we're not the right ages yet, but I love you. We've gone through a lot, and I wanna go through a lot more with you. You are my heaven, Becca. Will you be my wife?" He asked as he opened the small black box. I couldn't think. I slipped the promise ring off with out realizing I did.

"Yes." I started to cry. "Yes." He slipped the ring on my hand and stood up. I embraced him in a hug as I saw Angie start crying and everyone else clapping. I kissed him then hugged him again.

"I love you Cody Robert Simpson."

"I love you too Becca Elizabeth Roberts." I looked over and noticed Tom had set up a camera and recorded the whole thing. I love my husband to be. I love Alli and Tom. I love Angie and Brad. I love my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, it is just Cody singing the whole time.

Probably one more chapter then the epilogue, then it's done.

Merry Christmas Eve (or however your supposed to say it)

I love you<3