School (Ch 19)

Becca's POV

I found out that Jeff goes to my school. He was supposed to graduate last year but he got held back a year when he was really young. So he's a Senior this year with me, and he moved to my school in the beginning of last year when I moved to stupid Iowa for a year. We start school today and he said he would pick me up this morning. I'm already dressed and ready. I'm just waiting for him to get here. I hope Steve still isn't there. If he is though I have Jeff. We have eight periods together. I love my schedule this year. I have a study hall first period and I don't have gym until ninth period. There was a honk outside.

"Bye Angie. I'll see you later." I said to her as I left the quiet house. Angie and I were the only ones up. I slid into the front seat next to my boyfriend.

"Morning." He said as he leaned over and pecked my lips. I smiled and buckled up.

"Morning."

"You ready for Senior year?" He asked as we rolled down the road.

"Sure, why not?" I said sarcastically.

"I'm gonna take that as a no. So why aren't you excited?"

"Well I'v had trouble with some people at this school."

"Our grade?"

"Ya. Some of them are people who I thought were my friends, but were really only my friends because o the douche I was dating. Then there's the douche I was dating. He was an ass."

"Ok. First he's a douche, now he's an ass. What's he do to you?"

"Well he kidnapped me, then tried to rape me. But he didn't." He reached over and held onto my hand.

"Well I'm glad your alright now. Plus you have me, and I won't let anything happen to you." He parked and we walked into the big building together.

-

Cody's POV

When I woke up this morning Becca was already gone, and now she's late getting home. I know that Jeff is coming over for dinner. I'v gotten used to him being here. He's here almost all the time. I still don't know how I feel about the guy. Two years ago he was totally rude to me, and now he's suddenly nice to me. I guess what people say about other people changing is correct. 

Becca suddenly walked in laughing with Jeff trailing behind her. They took their shoes off.

"Hey Cody. If your mom is looking for us tell her we're upstairs. We'll be down soon anyway." She still had her backpack on, then went upstairs with Jeff following. I could hear her laughing until her door closed. She's still been wearing the locket. I wonder why, because she obviously doesn't love me anymore. She told me she did a couple months ago, but then she met Jeff. They've been dating for three months. The worst three months ever for me. No. Scratch that. The worst months of my life were when she was mad at me and wouldn't answer my texts.

I miss her arms wrapped around my neck. I miss her head resting in the crook of my neck. I miss everything we used to do together. I miss her. I miss us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love you<3