Chapter 9 -The date

It was 7:57 pm, and Kaz just got out the shower. He put on his favorite red plaid shirt, Black pants, and his blue and white shoes. He combed his hair and sprayed on some cologne.

"Yup, that's good." He said while looking in the mirror. 

Suddenly Riley walked in.

"Look at you Kaz, You actually took a shower! So uh, were ya going?" She said.

"If you must know, I'm going on a date with Maya." He said smirking.

"Kaz that's great!" Riley exclaimed clasping her hands together
"I totally saw this ship a mile away!" she thought.

Kaz looked at his watch and saw it was 8:00. He excused himself and walked down the hall and knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" Skylar called.

"Is uh, is Maya in there?" he said.

"Yeah one sec!" Skylar exclaimed from the other side of the still closed door.

"MAYA KAZ IS HEAR!" She yelled across the room to Maya

"Yeah yeah Im coming." Maya said.
Maya opened the door. She had on Blue jeans, a blue blouse, and some white High-Top sneakers. Her hair was in a up-High ponytail coming from the back of her head to her shoulder.

"Wow, You look great" Kaz said.

"Thanks. you do too." Maya replied while blushing.

"Shall we go?"

Kaz nodded his head and they walked out of the apartment, took the elevator to the first floor. Waiting outside the complex was something maya never wouldve expected. It was a golen colored chariot with blue stripes going down the sides. On the reins of the chariot was a brown horse that had a black, braided tail. It was cliche as crap, but Maya loved it.

"Kaz, This...This is wow." She said while gasping

"I'm going to take it that you like it?" He said.

She shook her head. Mouth open. Jaw dropped. She still was taking in this moment. Taking in how someone so goofy and so weird couldbe so.....romantic.

"Shall we get going?" He held his hand out.

She took his hand and he helped her it to the chariot. He followed her in and sat on the opposite side of her, facing her.

Maya smiled a but and blushed as she realized Kaz was staring at her. "Kaz, were are we going?" She asked breaking the staring contest they just had.

"You'll see."

They were sitting in the chariot talking for about 5 minutes. Until they finally got there. They were at the park. Kaz had set up for them to have a Night-time picnic. He set the Picnic up under a tree that had 4 lanterns hanging on the tree branches, A white picnic cover with a basket on top of it, and the perfect view of the stars.

"This is amazing Kaz, If you keep surprising me I might have a heart attack!"

"Oh, so call off the fireworks?" He said teasingly, laughing lightly.

"The what?" She questioned with bug eyes, she was serious, if he kept being so cute she might die before Krane can get to her.

"Ha! got ya!" He said laughing evenharder than he was.

"You got me good."

They sat down on the picnic cover, Looked at the stars for a while, and ate a few things. When they decided to leave it was about 9:45 Pm. The chariot had already left, So they took a taxi back.

A few minutes later they were at the apartment building. They got on the elevator and headed back to the apartment.

"You know, I'd say this night has been great, like one of the best so far." Kaz said looking at Maya.

"Yeah, Me too." She smirked.

The elevator had then stopped on their floor. Maya got her key card out and opened the door. They walked into the living room and stood there.

"So maybe we could go out again sometime?" Kaz said nervous that she might say no.

"Maybe" Maya giggled a bit. Wait, she giggled? She dosent giggle.

Just then, without thinking Kaz kissed Maya. After a fee seconds he pulled away. Maya bit her lip as she walked down the hall, into her room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long for me to write this! Also sorry its a little short! From now on, I will be updating Friday, Saturday, and Sunday since I have school. Hope you guys like the book! Don't forget to follow!