Chapter 1: Missing

Hilary used to have a normal life. Emphasis on the used to part. Her life had taken a drastic turn when she was kidnapped along with Kenny to force Tyson to beyblade. Back then, beyblading was something stupid and insignificant. Homework, school and cleaning duties had been more important. Again, that had all changed that fateful day.

Now, she was the manager of a beyblade team – the Bladebreakers, once called the BBA Revolution and also known as the G-Revolutions – that won the world championships practically every year. She hadn't expected that this would happen but she had learned to expect the unexpected.

The team consisted of Tyson Granger, Kai Hiwatari, Ray Kon, Max Tate and Daichi Sumeragi. All of them had bit-beasts: ancient and powerful creatures that powered their beyblades and were sometimes coveted by the bad guys. She used to have trouble believing that bit-beasts were real because she couldn't see them but, after Ray's battle against Joseph from the Saint Shields almost two years ago, she was able to see them.

Another key member to the team was Kenny, the brains of the operation. He modified and fixed their blades and he had extensive amounts of data on Beyblades. Just a couple of months ago, he – with the help of Emily and Miguel – had created the Hard Metal System when they couldn't get spare parts to repair their beyblades in order to battle the BEGA team. He also had a bit-beast – Dizzi, who was stuck in his laptop – and was a blader too, owning the blade named Hopper.

Hilary, at the moment, was in the Granger dojo, standing in the doorway of Tyson's room. She refused to enter it, considering everything. The bed was messily done, some papers were cluttering his desk, his closet door was slightly ajar and Dragoon was placed in his bed.

"Well, I'm off to pick up something! I won't take long!"

Those were Tyson's last words before he and Brooklyn went missing. It had already been two weeks since their disappearance and they hadn't even found a single clue to where they were at.

Ray, Max and Kenny were out doing their own search while Hiro had taken Grandpa to the police station so they could see how the search was going, Daichi tagging along with them. Tyson and Brooklyn's kidnapping was headlining the news, practically overshadowing the disappearance of the girl Kaori Kumai.

Hilary had wanted to go with the boys to try to find hints of where Tyson and Brooklyn had disappeared to but they had refused, saying she had to take care of the dojo and their guest. Speaking about said guest. . .

Hilary closed the door to Tyson's bedroom and headed towards the dojo, where she and the others had often slept in or had meetings in. That's where their unexpected guest was currently lodging in.

Hilary didn't know much about him, except that the boy had appeared in their doorstep the same day Tyson and Brooklyn went missing. He had muttered a weak "Ray" before he fainted. Ray had claimed he had seen the boy in his recent dreams so that lead to another oddity about their guest.

The other oddity he had? He was barefoot, wearing white clothes and white bracelet that they put on you when you're in the hospital. With the written information in it, they found out that the boy was named Riku Kuonji. He was fifteen years old and he was born on October 30 and had been in room 267 in Neo Flamvell Medical Center under the care of Doctor Isaac Saiga.

They had no idea why he had been in Neo Flamvell Medical Center. According to her research, that place was located in Maizuru in the Kyoto Prefecture, which was miles away from Bey City. Not only that, but most patients that were admitted there were insane, slightly disturbed or had other mental afflictions. And that wasn't the end of it. They had discovered that Riku Kuonji was the only son of Rai and Taishi Kuonji and the heir of Kuonji Corporation, one of the most successful establishments in Japan. So why had he been in a mental hospital? How had he escaped?