18: Last Breath

Granger Dojo, Bey City, Japan, Earth (August 23)

After Third's departure and Tyson's appearance six days ago, everyone had gotten a wake-up call and had begun to train again. Tyson's wounds were healing at an impressive speed without the aid of doctors, much to their surprise. Tyson waved it off, replying that it was Dragoon helping him heal faster.

Kenny wasn't sure what the real cause for Tyson's accelerated healing was and he found that he didn't care. Tyson was back and he was getting healthier by the day. Today, he was even training with the others, something that showed that he was fine. Max had even helped him achieve the next level the way Night had helped them. Kenny could still remember Tyson's goofy face when he became one in mind with his trusted partner Dragoon.

'Like you didn't feel like that, Chief,' He smiled down at his laptop, forgetting that his own partner Dizzi was in there and was still linked to his thoughts. With her help, he had done some improvements to the Hard Metal System so they could have an advantage over the Forsaken Fallen.

Still, he was really worried over the others. According to Tyson, Zeus was on their side and had tried to help him, Rin, Riku, Hiro and Aya escape as Chaos wasn't on guard as usual. They had been intercepted by the other members of the Forsaken Fallen and Aya, Hiro and Riku stayed back to fend them off while Zeus, Rin and Tyson ran ahead to their escape route. Just as they were going to leave, Ann appeared and attacked Zeus, gravely injuring him. Rin pushed Tyson down the dark chute and closed it behind him and ran, giving Tyson enough time to run.

This meant that the others were probably suffering for their actions. Kenny wondered if they had fallen already or were still hanging on. He really hoped that they were still hanging on. After all, Tyson knew where the headquarters were so they were heading there tomorrow.

Kenny couldn't wait. With a smile, he stood up and walked outside the dojo where many of the bladers were training, including Tyson. Right now, the three-time World Champion was watching Hilary blade.

"Wow, you've improved, Hilary." Tyson remarked, watching the brunette with a grin, "You're no longer a threat to society with that blade. I can now see you blade without having to use a safety helmet."

"Ha ha, Tyson," Hilary pouted as she tried to recall Artemis but with no success. She huffed and picked up the spinning blade, "I have been practicing while you were gone. Daichi has been helping me a little and so have Mariah, Mariam, Mathilda and Emily. Then Kenny made Artemis a blade that best suits her so we have improved together thanks to him."

It hadn't taken Kenny that long to create a blade for Hilary. Another beyblade from the Hard Metal System, it was a speed-based blade like Driger was. It was a silver and black blade that reminded her of the blade Night had used against Chaos but it had more silver than black, unlike Night's. It was aptly named Artemis Metal Shine, a name that she and Artemis had agreed on.

"Well, I'm impressed. I guess Artemis choosing you as her partner has really helped you out," Tyson noted as he saw the bit-chip shine, as if Artemis agreed with him. He hardly recognized Hilary now. The girl he knew a few years back that had scoffed at the notion of bit-beasts and Beyblade now owned a powerful bit-beast and was becoming an adept blader.

"Yeah," Hilary agreed, "I can't let you guys save the world without doing my share. So don't try to leave me behind!" With that, she walked away to train with the other female bladers, who immediately welcomed her within their midst.

"I feel like I missed out on so much." Tyson thought aloud, looking at everyone.

"Well, you certainly have."

Tyson turned and waved, "Hey, Garland. I haven't talked to you in ages." Tyson was vaguely aware that he had been captive for about a month but it had felt like years within the darkness. Sometimes, it hurt his eyes to go out during the afternoon because he had forgotten how bright the sun was.