23: Rise Above The Storm

Chaos's Chamber Forsaken Fallen Headquarters, Chaotic Dimension, 17th Universe (Time Unknown)

"So, that's your choice?" Chaos asked, knocking down a black chess piece and placing the two white chess pieces back in line with the others. Dark Dranzer was sitting down across from him, making modifications on his blade while ignoring the two beasts that were currently talking.

"You're not mad at me?"

Chaos shook his head, smiling gently in a manner that spooked Dark Dranzer, "I thought I would be. I guess I surprise myself, you know?" He sighed, grabbing the black king, "If you believe this to be your path as a member of the Forsaken Fallen, then so be it. As long as you still believe in our principles, then why should I mind?"

"I just thought . . ."

"I know, I know," Chaos chuckled, putting the black king in front of a crystal chess piece that was a king as well. The crystal was in between the chessboard, leaning towards the white king and the black queen more than anything, "Well, don't be afraid of doing what you want to do, old friend. I know you'll take the right course of action."

"Besides, you're always going to be one of us." Dark Dranzer said, yawning and stretching for a moment before grinning, wrapping his arms around Chaos's neck, making him raise an eyebrow, "That's still a given, right, Ouranos?"

Ouranos nodded, smiling softly, "Of course."

~~~MIAB~~~

Forsaken Fallen Headquarters, Chaotic Dimension, 17th Universe (Time Unknown)

Nami lead them to the next room, her bare feet making no noise in comparison to their loud steps. She kept swaying, as if she was going to fall at any moment, but she was persistent as she refused help from the others.

"So, Ouranos is next." Garland spoke.

Nami nodded, her eyes serious, "Yes. The holy beast of the sky who possesses Shun." She stopped walking, staring ahead, "The one who motivated Gaea and Tartarus to join the Forsaken Fallen. He is a gentle beast so why does he want to do this? I don't understand that."

"Gentle?" Rick asked, as if that was something impossible. Then again, they had seen all the members of the Forsaken Fallen so far and none of them looked gentle. Hell, most of them were insane and liked to inflict pain. Hearing that Ouranos was gentle was like saying that Erebus had been a saint.

"Compared to the others, yes." Nami said, pointing at her head, "I had a perfect synchronization with Gaea so her memories and emotions are mine as well. In her memories, the only one that calmed people to stop an argument whenever Night was not around was him. I don't think he's that bad."

"He killed the members of Eden's Rapture and is possessing Shun against his will. He sounds as if he was a saint like Night, huh?" Johnny said in a sarcastic tone of voice, "Like you said, you have Gaea's memories and emotions and that's clouding your judgement on him."

"Maybe. But I won't deny that he was a decent person. If he had the time, he would've changed Chaos's ways. But he was . . ." Nami stopped, as she looked up. Everyone followed her gaze to see someone sitting down on the wall, looking rather odd. She took a hesitant step back, "You."

"Enlighten them on what happened to me, Nami-chan." Nami trembled a bit as Ouranos had sounded exactly like the Shun she knew and that hurt. Mariam placed a hand on Nami's shoulder to reassure her before glaring up at the stranger that had appeared to them.

Ouranos had snow-white hair and sky-blue eyes, his hair hiding his right eye. He was wearing a white kimono that was stained with blood at the bottom, along with his bare feet – what was with the Forsaken Fallen and their grudges with shoes and furniture, Tyson wondered – and no one wanted to ask who the blood belonged to. He floated down, still staring at them with unreadable eyes.