7: Hero

Tyson woke in the middle of a meadow he didn't recognize, sitting down next to a girl he didn't even know but, apparently, knew him. He looked around, seeing that the two of them were sitting down in the middle of a patch filled with white roses, white lilies, white asters and several other white flowers. The wind blew gently so some of the petals of the flowers flew in the sky and Tyson could see a lake nearby. This place was so surreal. Now, he knew he was dreaming. It had to be a dream, after all. That's why the girl kept calling him "Chaos". 

The girl seemed to be around fourteen years old and had long light purple hair that moved in the direction of the wind. Her sky blue eyes shone with innocence and joy, as if she didn't have a care in the world. She had a soft smile on her face and she was fair-skinned. Her limbs looked soft and dainty, as if she had never worked a day in her life, which Tyson found a little odd, as he had gathered he was in the ancient past in this dream. She was wearing a long-sleeved white dress and in her hands rested a flower crown made out of the white roses.

Where am I?

The girl gave out a triumphant 'ah-ha', "I solved your riddle, Chaos-san!"

"Oh, did you, Sasha?" Tyson heard himself say and he didn't know why he felt so damn happy at the girl's – Sasha, a part of his mind supplied – happiness, "Then what is the solution to my puzzle?"

"It wears a dark cloak that is littered with shining spots when it appears. It always removes this disguise when dawn approaches and hides until it eventually reappears, only to repeat the cycle again." Sasha grinned, "I should have known that the answer was night, considering how much you love your brother."

Tyson heard himself – Chaos? – laugh good-naturedly before replying with a voice filled with mirth, "Well, it is fine if you are slow, Sasha. Mortals are not as quick as holy beasts are, I am afraid."

Sasha pouted and Tyson chuckled again, "Chaos-san, we were just getting along smoothly without you making fun of me. Why did you have to ruin it? No wonder Dragoon-sama says that you need to have more human interaction."

"Well, I am having more human interaction. I am with you, right? I am not spending my days with Night or Erebus as frequently as I used to. I am finding myself spending more time in your presence."

Sasha giggled before putting the flower crown on, "I am the future high priestess of your shrines, Chaos-san. You and the other holy beasts will spend long intervals of time in my presence instead of with the other villagers."

Tyson – or was it Chaos? – laughed before he leaned on Sasha's shoulder, "Yes, I suppose that is true, Sasha. Do you think you will enjoy being in our presence for the rest of your mortal life?"

Sasha shrugged Tyson/Chaos of her shoulder before she giggled, "Do not be silly, Chaos-san. Of course I will enjoy your company. Your brothers and sisters are wonderful holy beasts. Although . . . I believe Erebus-sama hates me."

Tyson/Chaos blinked, "Erebus? Why would you think that my younger brother hates you?" Erebus? Tyson wondered. That wasn't a member of the Forsaken Fallen, if he remembered correctly. Then who was Erebus?

Sasha sighed and a forlorn look appeared in her eyes. Tyson felt himself wanting to remove that sad look off the usually happy girl's face and replace it with the smile that he loved to see her wear. He mentally frowned at that thought. Did that thought belong to me or to Chaos?

"Well . . . he always glares at me whenever Daisuke-kun and I go to your shrine and he always stares at me as if he wants to kill me whenever I am speaking to you. Did I do anything to inquire his wrath?" Sasha asked as she laid down on the beautiful terrain with a sigh.