12: With You

Unknown area, unknown time

"Why are you holding council now, First Elder?" The voice of a worried female asked the woman standing in the middle of a room surrounded by seventeen seats. Inside the room, there were only three people, all of them women. The other occupant was sitting on a throne-like chair, staring at both of the females with worry.

The First Elder was an eighteen year old Hispanic girl with shoulder length wavy brown hair and light brown eyes wearing a black dress that covered most of her body. She was stoic, staring at a bubble that held the image of Chaos abandoning the broken body of Boris Balkov.

"Third Elder, did you agree with the creation of the holy spirits?" The First Elder asked, her voice cool and devoid of emotion.

The Third Elder appeared like a twenty-three year old with extremely pale skin. She had long black hair and enchanting light green eyes. She was dressed in a dark blue dress that she didn't seem to be comfortable in but made her look regal. Next to her floated an orb where she had been observing Night – who was inside the body of a human named Max – the way First had been observing Chaos.

"You know I did." She replied. Unlike the cold First Elder, the Third Elder was brimming with emotion and her eyes burned with conviction. She stared at the ceiling where they could all see the branches of Yggdrasil reaching out and touching stars and planets alike, "We all believed that they were going to do some good to the world we helped to create."

"I should've known better than to allow Seventeen to raise Chaos and the others to have emotions." First said, looking at the last seat with something that seemed to be regret. She sighed, shaking her head, "Foolish of me to have allowed it. She was the one prone to act based on her emotions."

"You regret that?" The sitting girl finally stood, standing next to Third who turned to look at her, "First Elder, with all due respect, you should not judge Seventeenth's actions because she felt that all of our creations should be given basic emotions. We all need them, after all! Just because you-." She covered her mouth, eyes wide when she saw the glare the First Elder had given her.

"Silence, Second Elder. Know your place."

The Second Elder looked down sadly, making the Third Elder pity her. Despite her actual age, the Second Elder did look like a normal fifteen year old teenager. With her long dark brown hair covering her light brown eyes in shame, she looked like a teen that had been scolded by a parent. Considering the First Elder was older than her, that analogy might prove to be true.

"How can you be so cruel to us?" Third Elder asked, eyes narrowed as she placed a hand on Second's shoulder to comfort her, "You've hurt Chaos and we couldn't even do anything-."

"By 'we', you mean Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Ninth."

"-except watch. You and the others decided that the holy beasts were nothing but tools but what about us? We know that Seventeenth's actions were correct and we don't approve that you practically banished her from our world." She scoffed, looking at First with disapproval, "Don't you care about your younger sister? You two are the only true siblings among us yet you're so cruel to her. Why is that?"

First didn't respond and faced the orb where she could see Chaos was crouched down in the middle of an alley, throwing up. She knew that the human's body couldn't the power Chaos held. If Chaos did not allow the body to rest every time he used a lot of his power, the human will die. She shook her head in disappointment. Chaos was a creature ruled by emotion, just like Seventeen.

"I can't let emotions cloud my judgment." She replied, "Seventeen, Erebus and Chaos show us the mistakes that we can make if our decisions are based purely on emotions."