26: Overlap

Dark Dragoon's Arena, Forsaken Fallen Headquarters, Chaotic Dimension, 17th Universe (Time Unknown)

Dark Dragoon was reminiscing. Anyone that knew him would know that was out of character of him but he didn't seem to care. He was remembering the past of the Forsaken Fallen – his past, her past – and smiled at the memories of old.

He was happy living on the Elder's Dimension and never wanted to leave. He only came to Earth after she had asked him for it. He had never been able to say no to her, a power she must be aware she had. Who wouldn't use their hold on someone to sway said person? He knew certain people – Erebus smiling back at him, his eyes dancing with a secret – did it. So, there was no doubt she was doing it to.

He tolerated Earth – she was there, after all, and he'd follow her to the ends of the known universe – and couldn't find things to complain about. The world was beautiful, created from the efforts of Elders and Beasts alike. It was like a work of art. However, the only thing that ruined its beauty were the insects that infested this world – humans, they were called and they even sounded mediocre – but he managed to like them after Chaos had made peace – she followed every order Chaos gave, like a loyal soldier – with them.

He got closer to her, something that made him so happy. She was the only person he actually loved in this world – he liked Chaos and Night because she did – that wasn't his other half. One day, he decided he was going to tell her how he felt about her. He was going to confess to her underneath the Hollow Tree of Life . . . and then Chaos's precious human Sasha was murdered by Erebus.

Chaos was heartbroken and she wanted to help Chaos because they were – "I do not love Chaos like that, idiot. I can never love him to that point and I know he will not love me like that either." – friends. She told him and the others about what they were going to do to the world and he found himself drawn into that ideal world. He started liking Chaos for his ideals, not just because she liked him. The two of them followed Chaos and would follow him to the end of their days.

He had killed about three of the members of Eden's Rapture during their battle. He had felt nothing – "You crave war and destruction. You love killing," He had been told by Fifteenth, who looked at him with a proud look while Seventeen was crying over some faceless beast that was gone from the world thanks to him – but he saw how hurt she had been. He comforted her when her other half didn't.

He remembered the day he decided to confess to her. He had been caught off-guard, thinking of ways to confess, when the sacred spirits surrounded him, pinning him to the ground and sealing him away. He had struggled, knowing she – "Not her, you bastards! Leave her alone! Let her be free!" – was probably next, but it was all in vain.

His last wish before he had been sealed away was to see her again.

And that wish was granted.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" He looked up to see Dark Dranzer walking towards him, his wings no longer out. He was still dressed in his robes but something seemed different about him. Dark Dragoon paused before blinking, finally realizing what was different.

"Hey, when have you had flecks of white in your eyes?" Although no one else would have noticed the white in his irises, Dark Dragoon – who spent a lot of time looking at those expressive eyes – did and, for some reason, it bugged him. His – her – eyes should be completely red like his fiery personality.

Dark Dranzer blinked, a hand reaching for his eyes before stopping, looking very confused "Flecks of white? Do elaborate," Even if that body he was possessing wasn't his, Dark Dranzer looked so cute. He wasn't going to tell him that, Dark Dragoon decided.