21: Falling Inside the Black

'Why do you fight for the Forsaken Fallen? You have no obligation to them anymore, now that Hecate's gone.' Raul spoke to the holy beast in front of him. Raul and Hades were within Raul's darkened soul room, with Raul being covered in chains to avoid him from waking up and taking control of his body. 

Hades looked away from him, gazing into the distance as if he was remembering something, 'The reason why I continue to be with the Forsaken Fallen is not because of Hecate. Nemesis and I may have joined because Hecate asked it of us. But that is not the reason why we stayed.'

For a brief moment, he saw a young woman appear in the distance before she vanished, too quickly for Raul to see her features properly. He tried to focus on Hades's memories to see who it was but he felt the woman being blocked from his memory.

Raul frowned before he struggled with his chains, 'Why do you stay?'

'Nemesis and I both joined because we saw how much Hecate loved Chaos and wanted to make her happy. After time, we both decided to stay. Nemesis stayed because she believes in Chaos's ideals, as do I.'

Hades turned to look at Raul and smirked, something that looked really creepy because Hades looked a lot like him, "But the reason that I continue to stay with the Forsaken Fallen is because I know that this is the only course of action. If we don't do this, the Elders will never understand the error in their ways.'

Raul shook his head before speaking, 'You must know that there other ways to do this! All of this could be done in another, harmless way.'

'Nothing changes unless extreme measures are taken.' Hades responded, the brim of eyes glowing red as if he had been crying, 'That is the one and only universal truth that I believe in. And it is the one I will continue to believe in.'

Raul glared, struggling against his restrains and cursing himself for falling and becoming a prisoner to his own body. He hated that his jailer was this insane and extremist bit-beast. 'You're insane.' He said.

'Thanks for noticing.' Hades chuckled, sounding as insane as he looked, 'I am not as easily swayed as one of my brothers.' Raul wondered what Hades meant with that comment. All of the members of the Forsaken Fallen seemed to be dead-set on their beliefs. So who was the one who could be swayed?

Hades must have heard Raul's thoughts thanks to their link and glared at him, 'You're getting annoying. It's time for you to sleep. I have humans to destroy and Elders to subjugate.'

Black coils wrapped themselves around Raul's mouth, making him scream but it was muffled. He pleaded with his eyes for Hades to stop this but Hades merely smirked and Raul yelled as a sphere of darkness surrounded him, voices reminding him that he was never going to be as great as Julia, that he was worth nothing as a human, among other taunts.

Raul wanted to cover his ears but, thanks to the chains, that wasn't possible. Instead, he closed his eyes, wishing that someone could help him escape this hell. He could feel them surrounding him, whispering those taunts that he knew were true. All his fears and doubts were being exploited and he hated it. He felt a tear run down his cheek.

'Someone . . . help me . . .'

'No one will come.'

'Why would they need you?'

'Help me . . .'

~~~MIAB~~~

Forsaken Fallen Headquarters, Chaotic Dimension, 17th Universe (Time Unknown)

It had been a couple of minutes since Hecate had been defeated and they were still inside her chamber, Mathilda and Julia looking like they needed to rest. While they had been resting, Kenny had explained the plan of action to the dual-colored female. Julia looked absolutely livid once the plan had been explained to her, "I am not letting some stranger-."