8: No Reason

Bey City, Japan

"Hey, Night?" Hilary asked as she sat down next to the holy beast that had control over Max's body at the moment. Hiro, Ray, Kai and Kenny were contacting the other bladers like Night had requested while Rin, Riku, Aya, Nami, Shun and Hikaru were discussing something in the corner of the room. Judging by their serious faces, Hilary guessed it had something to do with the Forsaken Fallen.

"You are Hilary. . . Ah, she is, is she not, Max?" Max-Night said. The last part seemed to have been directed at Max, not at her, though.

"Wait . . . is Max conscious right now?" Hilary asked in awe. From what Aya and Nami had told her, the Forsaken Fallen took complete control over your body and you were forced to watch yourself do horrible things and knowing you could do nothing about it. Riku said that he fell into a deep slumber whenever Dark Driger took over him and was always scared whenever he saw the damage the dark bit-beast had done while Riku was 'asleep'.

Max-Night nodded, "Unlike my siblings, I am not yet in 'full capacity'. Max is acting as my host as I regain my power and corporal body but he is aware of what he is doing and has the ability to control this body. He is doing me a favor, after all. Now, you had a question for me?"

"Why?"

"I beg your pardon?" Max-Night asked, blinking in surprise. It seemed so odd to see Max like this, especially because of the bicolored gaze of the teenager. Despite being so ancient, despite being the 'little brother' of Chaos, Night's eyes still shone with innocence that Hilary couldn't understand. He had a very soothing voice as well, nothing like that voice that haunted her nightmares. The voice that she guessed belonged to Chaos.

"Why did Chaos turn evil? Why does he want to destroy the human race?"

Max-Night's eyes turned soft at that point. He sighed and looked up, "Max asked something similar to that and I had no choice but to tell him the truth of the holy beasts. It is a very long story so it would be better if I told all of you."

"Then do start." Rin's voice entered the conversation and Max-Night and Hilary turned around to see him sit down next to them, the others following suit. His eyes darkened, "I want to know why all of this happened. I want to know why we suffered. I want to know why so many people had to die."

"Understandable."

"So, tell us." Aya said, staring at the bicolored gaze of Max-Night with an intensity Hilary hadn't ever seen her use, "Tell us the story of the beasts known as the Forsaken Fallen."

~~~MIAB~~~

Brooklyn looked at the room that Chaos had taken him and noticed that, like the others, it was bare. The Forsaken Fallen didn't seem to like sunlight or furniture, seeing as they had no windows and there were no furniture. In fact . . . there was nothing. Not even a beystadium.

"Do you even know the rules of beyblade?" Brooklyn questioned the deity and stayed silent when he could feel waves of hatred coming from Chaos. He turned to look at him and saw that Chaos was pissed, glaring at the black beyblade in his hands. He scoffed and placed the bit-chip that always hung around his neck on the blade. The bit-chip, Brooklyn realized with a jolt, that was Chaos. If it was destroyed, would Chaos disappear? Would Takao come back?

"Of course I do," Chaos grumbled, "A degrading sport where humans use holy beasts, or bit-beasts as you decided to call them, instead of us using humans. Did my brothers and sisters really betray me, seal me away for millenniums and abandon me for this? Being used by humans for such a useless game when they would've been treated like deities if they had allowed me to kill the human race."