27: Again

Dark Driger's Arena, Forsaken Fallen Headquarters, Chaotic Dimension, 17th Universe (Time Unknown)

Dark Driger wanted to kill someone and he hoped that certain someone was Dark Dragoon, even if that bastard was sealed away. He had been minding his own business in his room, waiting for those humans, when Dark Dranzer had flown in and holed himself in one of the corners. Even though he couldn't hear it, he knew the phoenix was crying.

Stupid Dark Dragoon. He must have failed, otherwise Dark Dranzer wouldn't be crying. If he could, he'd wring that dragon's neck, even if he knew that Dark Dranzer wouldn't appreciate it.

"Why are you crying for him?" He asked, making the phoenix pause and turn to face him. As he had predicted, Dark Dranzer was crying and that made his heart hurt. He clenched one of his hands in anger, "Would you cry that hard for anyone else?"

"Yeah, I would," Dark Dranzer said, wiping away his tears.

"Really?" Dark Driger asked, feeling some hope in his heart, "Who?"

"Chaos," Dark Dranzer answered, the other beast feeling like he needed to strangle Chaos just as he needed to strangle Dark Dragoon. He must be as selfish as Erebus to be thinking about such a thing. Chaos was a great person, after all.

"That's it?" Dark Driger asked, looking at Dark Dranzer. He hated this feeling of jealousy. Jealousy corrupted beasts, especially when that horrible emotion was mixed in with that unnecessary emotion known as love. The Erebus-Chaos-Sasha disaster had taught them all that. So the fact that he was feeling like this made him think about how foolish he was.

"Who else would I cry for?"

Me.

Dark Dranzer took a deep breath, "You're right, though." He stretched, blinking away unwanted tears, "Crying over that idiot is useless. What is it going to do? Crying does nothing but make me tired." He retracted his wings and Dark Driger already thought how weird it was for this proud phoenix to not be displaying his wings.

"You're right about that. But . . ."

Dark Dranzer raised an eyebrow, "But what?"

Dark Driger looked down, not wanting to show, "Would you cry for me?"

The room was oddly silent. Dark Dranzer was quiet for a long moment before laughing loudly. Dark Driger felt something snap. Before he could help it, a bolt of lightning hit Dark Dranzer square in the chest. Dark Driger flinched, realizing that he had not held back. Dark Dranzer yelled in shock, flying into the wall before falling to the ground. He glared up at Dark Driger, feeling as if his whole body was being continuously submitted to an electric torture, "Why the hell did you-?"

Rin fell into a pit of darkness while darkness consumed the boy's soul room. Darkness that didn't belong to Dark Dranzer surrounded him, wrapping itself around the boy's body. He tried to keep the darkness  away before the darkness began to take away his light. He cried out, looking absolutely terrified, 'Suzaku!'

Dark Dranzer paused when he heard two voices – one of them was definitely Rin's while the other voice sounded familiar – screaming in his head, both sounding like they were in pain. He yelled, holding his head. Dark Driger paused, suddenly afraid. Had he really hurt him? He kneeled in front of Dark Dranzer, "Are you okay? Dark Dranzer-."

"He's gone." Dark Dranzer said, eyes wide and looking haunted. He held his forehead, trying to find Rin within the confines of his soul room, "Rin's voice, it-it's gone." His mind felt so cold, Rin's light vanishing rapidly, "Cold, cold, it's too cold. I don't understand. Did your dark lightning hurt Rin more than me?" He was about to start when he was enveloped in a hug, Dark Driger not knowing why he had done so.