13: Sanctuary

Granger Dojo, Bey City, Japan

It was nightfall when the bladers finally started arriving at the dojo. By that time, Night had already helped Ray and Driger achieve the next level – Kenny had started calling Soul Bond – and everyone had told each other what had occurred during their time out of the dojo. Aya and Kai's wounds had been treated, even though the blonde had claimed that she was fine and that it didn't hurt. They all knew she was lying.

The first to arrive were the Russians, much to Shun's delight. The first couple of minutes of their arrival had to be spent with Tala trying to escape the blue haired teen's hugs while Hikaru kept him in check. Aya, of course, found it all to be hilarious while a giggle escaped Nami's lips.

It was probably around midnight when all of the blading teams had arrived. The only two that weren't present were Zeo and Raul but they all knew why they hadn't shown up.

All of the bladers were a little surprised at seeing Night in his astral-projection form but they had learned long ago to not question it. Of course, out of all the odd things they had seen, a human-looking bit-beast really took the cake.

Kai was standing in front of the pond alone, staring up at the shining stars, when Night found the phoenix blader. The ancient spirit didn't know what to say to Kai. Two important people in his life had been taken by his siblings. A human like Kai was dangerous when provoked. He was very similar to Dranzer in that manner and Night knew that's why his brother had chosen this human as his tamer.

"What are you doing here, Kai?" Night asked, floating towards him, "Your comrades are here to help. Do not shoulder the burden in your heart by yourself. Can you not allow someone else to help you?"

"I need to be alone."

Night sighed, the sense of déjà vu overwhelming him. He hadn't noticed until now but Kai was very similar to a certain dark holy beast. Night sat down in the ground and looked up at the stars, "Once, a long time ago, in a world where stars always litter the sky, someone spoke those same words to me."

"And what of it?"

Night smiled softly before turning to look at Kai, "The one who said those words to me was Chaos." Kai seemed to flinch at the name but Night wasn't so sure, considering how emotionless Kai seemed to be. Night looked at the direction of the dojo where he could hear all of the bladers discussing the Forsaken Fallen while also catching up as they hadn't seen each other in a long time.

"The more I know you, the more I see how similar you are to my brother. There are small differences but you two seem to be cut from the same cloth." Night chuckled. Kai remained silent, wondering what in the world Night was trying to say. How could he and Chaos be similar?

"When he first came out of the tower the Elders had him in for centuries, Chaos felt uncomfortable at being surrounded by strangers. It was so overwhelming that he spent most of his time alone, trying to escape the noise." Night created a small orb of light in his hands and released it, where it flew towards Kai and bumped into the phoenix blader's nose.

"Like I did to you, I approached him and he replied that he wanted to be alone. I had to talk to him for a very long time before he decided to join the company of our brothers and sisters. As a result, he ended up loving each and every one of us." Kai looked around and noticed that Night had created several orbs of light that moved slowly so they couldn't be mistaken as fireflies.

"Are you trying to sound like a wise old sage, Night?" Kai asked and Night smiled kindly at him before nodding.

"Yes. I have a knack for that, according to Max." The holy beast replied and then looked up at the sky, "I felt your battle too, Kai." Kai didn't know which battle Night was talking about and the confusion must have been evident in his expression because Night clarified, "Your battle with Tyson. I felt it and saw it, even though I was still dormant. You two are complete opposites that cannot stand together when separated."