Prologue

Evelyn (Evie)

"Fucking hell." I cuss to myself in the quiet restroom. I read over the test results for what seems like the 50th time, only it really being the second. I sigh and let my head drop.

Leave it to my curiosity to get the best of me and have me open the test results twenty minutes before my first test of the semester. Not only did I not study... I will not focus thanks to this. "Fuck me." I cuss once again, stuffing the white paper with blank ink back into the envelope.

Isn't that the reason we are in this situation?

I hate you.

"Evie?" my eyes widen. I quickly wipe them and make sure they are not teary. Nah I'm good. "What?" I whine like a normally would when Jackie walks into the bathroom calling my name. "Why are you taking so long?" I take a deep breath, stand up and flush my non-existent waste down the toilet. I unlock the doors and walk out. I walk to the sink and wash my hands. I look over at Jackie, whom has been silent since I answered. She has this apologetic look on her face. I give her an annoyed look. "I will slap that look off your face if you don't make it disappear at once."

"I'm sorry." I feel the cringing in my heart but don't let me annoyed look falter. "You need to stop being so dramatic. I'm perfectly fine—"

"Lies." I ignore and walk to my class. I sit down in my usual seat, at the very top. Half of the class is already here and is going over their notes while I, queen of procrastination, look over Twitter. My heart jumps at the mention of his name and a small smile appears across my lips. "So what now?" Jackie says, interrupting my thoughts as she sits next to me, looking over her notes. That annoyed expression returns. "Now? We wait for the test."

"Evelyn—"

"Ah!" I hold up my finger and point to her notes. "This is a time to study, not get distracted by the outside world and its problems." Golly, I'm such a hypocrite. She frowns but does not question me further. Now what was I doing?

"I aced that test!" I smile wide, punching the air in victory even though I know very well that my future career as a registered nurse was flushed down the drainage long ago. "Now, lets eat food." I walk towards the food court, with Jackie following slowly behind. "Evelyn. Can we talk about this?"

"No, honey boo boo. I'm hungry. This school is both my hell yet sanctuary from the outside world, stop trying to destroy it."

"You're forgetting the problem here." She sighs, crossing her arms as I stand in line. I roll my eyes. "It's not a problem. It's a mistake. I will go speak to the people at the hospital and demand to be paid in money for their medical mistake. I'm clearly a victim of this error." Her mouth remains in a straight line. "We both know that's not true. The signs are obvious."

Curse my negative friend for trying to ruin the calmness I am trying to hold. "But if you say so."

"There's a good lad," I say in the best impersonation of Scar. "You run along and have fun." She rolls her eyes and walks off to find a secret. "And remember..." she turns around with a blank expression. "It's our little secret." She huffs and continues on her path. I slowly turn around and face the front, my hard and calm expression changing into a stressed and emotional one. I wrap my arms around myself, hugging my body and biting the inside of my cheek to stop the constant pain in my jaw as it begs to make me cry. I order my food with a croak in my throat and consume the fries quickly when I receive my food. I search for  Jackie and find her waving frantically at me. I smile at her.

"I have to go, Evie. My study group decided to do a study session at last minute. Love you, bye." I nod and sit down, waving as she leaves. I continue to eat my fries, getting lost in thought as I shove five of them at a time.

I'm scared to death that I'll have to do this alone because I don't have the heart for abortion or adoption. The thought of giving the kid away hurts me.

I wonder what he's doing right now while I'm contemplating my life.

Taehyung (V)

"Tae!" I put food in my mouth and hum in response. Kookie rounds the corner with a smile then it falls. "Are you still eating?"

"I haven't even finished with my first plate." I say, not looking at him as I watch my cartoons. He laughs. "Well, hurry up. We leave in a few." I nod with a soft smile and continue to eat my food. Towards the end of this episode that I've quoted every time I could, I finish my Korean meat and stand. I turn off the tv and leave the room I'm in. I bump into Jimin, laughing as he almost falls to the floor. I grab onto his waist at he clasps his hand onto my shoulder to steady his unbalanced body. I chuckle, and follow him down to the hotel lobby.

Everyone cheers for me as I finally leave the building and jump into the van. "We'd thought you decided to sleep like last time."

"Ugh," I whine, covering my face. "That was one time. I had a long night, long ago."

"V." Suga says with a straight face. "It was almost a month ago." Then the corners of his mouth slowly quirk up. "Remember that? When he came to the hotel with his hair all over the place? Looking as handsome as ever?" I blush furiously and pull my beanie lower to cover my face. "V-hyung is blushing!" Rapmon laughs. I pout causing Jungkook to chuckle softly and give me a hug. Jimin is quickly to stop it but Jungkook smacks his hand away. I smile.

"You never told us who she was?" Jin says, eating gummy worms. "Was she from here, in Korea or—"

"It's not like I asked her."

"Oh!!!!!" They all yell, punching my arm. I smack them away and cuddle more into Jungkook's embrace. "So you went that way, huh? Didn't know you had it in you, Tae."

"Leave me alone and eat your gummy worms."

I haven't seen that girl since. I didn't ask for her name. I don't remember what she looks like or where she's from. I don't remember much. I'm not the type to do a girl that way. Bottom line, I'm not like that. That night, I don't know. I did wrong that night. I shouldn't have. Maybe I hurt her and I don't know it. Maybe she knows a lot about me and I couldn't even remember her face. Maybe it was her first time. And I ruined it for her by not knowing a single aspect of her life.

It's a good thing I most likely will never show my shameful face to her again. I couldn't forgive myself if I've ruined her life in way that can never be repaired. All because I had to be a dick for one night.

Hello :)

I legitimately just got this idea last night.