Chapter 21

ANNYEONG!!!

"He can't expect me to be really ecstatic, can he? After the shit he pulled—"

"Language, Evie!" I glare at her. "If you're so concerned for his sorry ass, why don't you go fetch me some damn food?" Jackie might've had it. Next thing I know, her and I are arguing with each other in the room they've assigned to me. A nurse comes in with the brightest smile and would've pissed me off if she didn't give off that person-with-good-intentions vibe. "Alright mama, just a couple more hours, hopefully, and the little one should be out in no time." She begins to walk out as Taehyung walks in with a bag of food and ahand behind his back. The nurses sees him and quickly shakes his head. "I'm sorry, sir. She's not allowed to eat food for the next few hours till after birth. Only water and ice chips." My eyes flare up, becoming glossy. "What good is that supposed to do?" I cry as he hands the food to Jackie and everyone leaves the room. Just Taehyung and I are left. He pulls his hand from behind his back and pulls out a different bag, from a convenience store. "I got spicy noodles," He smiles forcefully. I cry in relief and take the food, Opening the compartment. "Mom sends you her love and says she'll try to be here as soon as possible. Some things came up and couldn't be here."

Believe it or not... It's Sunday. I've been in the hospital for almost 12 hours. It's 2 am and Taehyung looks drained as I look up from my cup of noodles, hissing from the spiciness. He covers his yawn by clenching his mouth shut and sighs, staring at the white bed sheets. I set my cup down on the side table as I finish and scoot over slightly to make space. He notices and stares intently. I pat the spot beside me. "What?" He weakly asks. My lips twitch. "I need you to be energized when I give birth so I can beat the hell outta you. " I gesture towards the spot. "Sleep." He hesitates but lies down. He tries to stay away from me but I pull him closer and let him snuggle into me. He squirms for a while till finally, his arm wraps around me and Tae is sound asleep. I smile softly at his face.

What are they doing to you?

~0~

It was a strong one that woke me from my sleep and caused Taehyung to fall out of bed. The nurse ran in with the doctor by her side. They checked me over and nodded at each other. They call two other nurses and pushed the only two people that stayed to keep us company, out of the room. Only the dad was allowed in. But I think he was as scared at childbirth than I was. Tears ran down my cheeks as the contractions continued every minute or two. Taehyung senses kicked in when he was ordered to wear blue scrubs on his body. The minutes flew by and I instantly regretted my decision for a natural childbirth the minute my body began to stretch with every push. I screamed and cried. Taehyung didn't tell me it's okay. He just held my hand and kissed my forehead. Every few minutes, he pulled my hair back and blew air in my face to cool down the rushing heat in my body.

Then finally.

There was the sound of fussing followed by a soft smack and the cry of a small fragile child.

With his father's lungs cause holy shit.

My baby boy can scream.

Taehyung was the first to hold him. He cried instantly but with the biggest smile ever. The baby fussed in his arms but with a soft kiss he settled to soft sounds. Then he was passed down to me. Unlike Taehyung... I didn't cry. But my cheeks hurt from the smile on my face. He opened his eyes slightly and considered my eyes. His body squirmed and got comfortable, chewing on his fist. He was bald with a small patch of hair, barely noticeable. He had Taehyung's genes. Everything resembled the handsome man I was in love with. The shape of his eyes and brown in his irises. Taehyung's cheeks and big ears. The only thing out of the ordinary was his nose. It was small and almost stubby. And yet, it still resembled Tae's. It was slight pointy but stubby.