Chapter 16

안녕 👋🏼

6 MONTHS

"For the last time, Jackie, I don't want a baby shower. Who would I even invite?" Jackie groans. "Have you not spoken to people at all? What about nana? The women that work at the restaurant? The women that pick up their children? Have you not engaged in conversation with any of them?"

"Not really. Just a few that ask me about the baby and stuff. Nana's daughters are really nice. And then there's InHo. But he's a boy and boys aren't allowed—"

"InHo?" Her once loud and whiny voice turns into one of calm curiosity. "Yeah. Taehyung hasn't been around much and I always pass by the restaurant he works at on my way home."

"Is he cute?" I roll my eyes. "Jackie, he's just—"

"But is he cute?" I slow down my pace as I walk to another shop. Blushing, I think about InHo for a second. "He's half-Korean but looks somewhat part of North America."

"That doesn't answer my question," she chuckles. I sigh and walk into another store. "He's alright, okay. He's very sweet though and doesn't judge on the fact that I'm pregnant." Jackie squeals and I close my eyes to keep myself from scolding her. "I have to meet him."

"No, you have to leave me alone cause it's my day off and I'm trying to find new clothes to wear cause this kid got huge fast."

"Do you even understand any of the stores names?"

"Sorta, InHo showed me a few tricks to understand Hangul." She squeals and I regret ever mentioning him. "He showed you tricks." My eyes widen as I look over a few pieces of clothing. "No!" I can feel her lifting her eyebrows with a knowing smirk. She doesn't know anything.

"Girl, you're getting attached."

"No. I have a friend. Taehyung hasn't been around and Nana's always working and unless I can talk to little kids about my problems, what choice do I have?" I sigh, going into the changing room. I take out my Bluetooth and put it on my ear. I try on the clothes and Jackie rants about how I must have a crush on InHo. "Hey, but—"

I silently groan. "What's this about Taehyung not being around? Isn't the whole point of going to Korea to get to know and see more of each other." I was smiling at the way the jeans and the flow-y shirts with flower prints or lace fit when it falters. "When was the last time you saw him?" My shoulders drop.

"Last month," I answer after a brief silence. I walk out of the dressing room and up to the counter, setting my clothes down. "Has he at least gone to the ultrasounds?"

"Once." I take out my wallet and give the cashier my money. "Once! Out of like three that you've had?!"

"He's just been very busy."

"Bullshit!—"

"Language!" I scold as I walk out and back to my car. "He's lying to you! I've been looking at fan accounts and all that and he hasn't been anywhere. A few of his friends go places but they're not doing anything currently. I bet you he's home right now."

"Jackie, I really don't—"

"Don't tell me you don't care. You've gone through all this trouble because you want him to be a part of things when you're the one waking up at 2 am to satisfy your own cravings instead of calling him. He's supposed to be helping you through this." I throw the bags in the back and sit in the front seat of Nana's car. "I can't just show up at his house unannounced, with no excuse whatsoever."

"You have an excuse: you're pregnant. Weren't you supposed to find out the sex of the baby this month?" I sigh. "Was he THERE to know?" I sigh again. "Did nana at least go with you?" She mutters. I shake my head, not wanting to answer although I know she'll know the answer. "Son of a bitch. So you went by yourself, with no one to fangirl with and tell all your hopes and dreams to." The sadness I was feeling slowly disappears with every word that Jackie says, making me angry at everyone. My eyes fill with tears and I can't stop my eyebrows from scrunching together.