Epilogue

listen to the song if you want.

a few words at the end...

  "Taehyung! Can you get me a—" she cuts her words off, looking away from the jjajangmyeon and over to her husband, who seems to be jumping inside a moon jump with the biggest smile on his face. She would've almost smiled if it wasn't for the frustration in her features. She searches for help in the faces of the men and women who have become her family but everyone seems to be busy. Sighing, she places a hand on her swollen belly and looks over the bowls of food for a kitchen utensil to serve TaeHyuk some food. "I need a spoon or—"

"I'll get it, Eomma," seven-year-old TaeHyuk tells his mother, noticing the obvious frustration in her finger. He pipes up from his chair and runs into their home, pulling out the first drawer and grabbing the pliers he's seen his mother use. As he returns to the backyard, he catches sight of his father literally rolling out of the moon jump as he attempts to roll off but slips on his socks. Jungkook, who was watching his Hyung, laughs loudly, clapping his hands harshly and smacking Jimin, who stands beside him and almost spills his drink. TaeHyuk lets his lips part in a boxed smile, letting out a voluminous laugh. Evelyn catches the sound of her son's laugh and turns around, seeing Taehyung struggle to stand off the grass. She smiles slightly and shakes her head.

"THE FUN HAS ARRIVED!" A loud screech screams into the home, her aura vibrant and excited, holding a large gift back full of presents far her favorite and only nephew. "Thank you very much." An excited, tiny lad kicks excitedly in his mother's womb and squeezes his hands in anticipation.

Meanwhile Evelyn...

Upon hearing Jackson's voice, the baby girl in Evelyn's womb jolts at his aunts screeching, stirring in his sleep before settling down once again. She holds a hand to her head and sighs."Lord Jesus."

She steps into the backyard with white wedges, denim overalls and a blue blouse. Her hair falls in curls past her shoulders with studded earrings. "EVIE!" Evelyn holds her belly as the baby stirs once again. She turns to Jackson as she approaches and glares. Ignoring her friend's glare, she grins widely and holds up the bag. "I bring gifts." Evelyn scowls. Jackson attempts to terribly mimic her expression and fails, causing Evelyn's lips to twitch into a smile. 

"TaeHyuk, come say hi to Aunt Jackie."

TaeHyuk lets his eyes leave the funny sight of his Uncle Jimin now lying on Taehyung after his attempt to pull him upright; and turns to his mom, immediately spotting his favorite aunt. "JACKIE!" Jackie screeches and squats down slightly to hug her nephew properly.

Taehyung finally stands and laughs off the pain on his rear end. He limps towards his wife and smiles innocently while Evelyn gives him a death glare. "You're supposed to be helping me with the food."

"I just wanted to try out the moon jump real quick," he complains, beginning to prepare plates to serve the guests. "You've been on that moon jump for forty-five minutes." He laughs and leans forward, pecking her lips. "I love you."

She smacks his chest and lets that scolding glare form into a smile to support her giggle. "Hurry up and serve everyone else. There is that table and that one. I'll ask the boys to help with the drinks."

Evie walks over to the crowd of childish, grown men and smiles the sweetest she can. "Can you guys help me pass out drinks please?" They quickly nod with a smile, setting their bottles of some drink down. Smiling in satisfaction, she sighs as they help out and her feet can finally rest. She cringes at the pain, stretching out her feet and fixing the flowered maxi dress. Jackie sits beside her best friend and sighs as well, her feet hurting more than Evelyn's. "Well, who the hell told you to wear wedges in your state?" She sticks her tongue out but leans against the equally tired woman, sighing contently.

"Where's the hubby? We've been waiting for him to complete the group." She giggles. "He forgot the gift and went back for it."

"But you brought a gift?" She asks, looking down at Jackie. "That was my gift. He didn't want to get TaeHyuk what I chose so he decided to get him something else." I shake my head.

"Can't believe you're getting married next week..." Evelyn sighs. "We're." Jackie corrects, squealing all of a sudden and scaring my baby boy. Before I can scold her, she rubs my belly and says, "sorry, bub."

They stare at all the men running around but Evelyn's eyes tend to not leave Taehyung as their son decides to invite his father into the moon jump once again. Evelyn and Jackie begin to laugh when Jungkook joins in. Then there's a loud ruckus, followed by Hoseok falling out the back door with a box.

"There's the man of the hour," Evie mumbles, alerting a Jackie, who had began to doze off. "Sunshine of Mine?" Evelyn snorts at Jackie's way of referring to Hoseok, nodding. Clueless Hobi looks around as the pregnant mother struggles to stand but Jackie gives her tush a push. He looks around and finds one of the party hosts, smiling wide.

"Where's the birthday boy?" She places a hand on her mid-back and leans on it slightly. Turning towards the moon jump, I stick out my stubby finger to point at my little boy. Hoseok begins to laugh, his eyes disappearing into his face. "Good god. Never thought I'd see a 29 and 27-year-old on a moon jump. I'm surprised Jimin didn't join them." She nods and takes the gift from him as he walks away towards his fiancé. Evelyn smile as he sits beside her, wrapping an arm around her torso and kissing the side of her head as it leans on his shoulder.

She smiles and begins to once again, look at everyone at this party. It's a short family gathering with a couple friends from work that she'd grown close to.

The men she used to call boys are gathered around the attraction laughing at their two youngest, jumping with their nephew. Her son, someone that came into her life unexpected when all she had was an illegitimate uncle and cousin, were all the family she had. But the moment he was born, there was 6 men that became like her brothers, her cousin, more like a sister; became engaged and will be happily delivering a little boy in no time. She has another little one the way, a little girl who should arrive in three weeks, 3 minutes after Jackie gives birth to a baby boy to be named Jung Ho Myun.

Taehyung looked over at his wife, who had a smile on her face. He raised his hand and waved as he caught her eye. She giggled and waved back at Taehyung, who was immediately tackled by Jungkook.

The phone began to ring, the sound making its way into her head. Uncrossing her arms and lifting her dress to prevent herself from tripping on the fabric, she leaves the back porch and walks into her home. She picks up the house phone and holds it up to her ear.

The man on the other line sighs after Evelyn says, "Hello?" He runs a hand through his black hair with a few gray streaks. "Evelyn." Evelyn's smile drops at her uncle's tone of voice. He sounded stressed, sad and broken.