Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Please don't make me go," I whine. I keep getting this feeling in my stomach. It sucks. I'm so nervous and we're not even in the same country yet. Doctor said it was fine as long as I'm back within a week.  Jackie said that we'd be back by Tuesday because whatever event they have there this weekend only lasts three days and they'd leave by Monday. Just like us.

"We have to do this!" She says, shaking me by the shoulders and giving me and excited smile. I pout and cross my arms around my lower abdomen. "This is all your fault. You had to follow the stupid flyer and have me meet these guys."

"Did I force you to have sex with him? No. Did I force you to drink—"

"Yes you did. Have a drink, you said. Relax... you need to live a little." I mimic. "Well I lived a little and look where that got me."

"I mean... you could have already gotten an abortion and we wouldn't be going to visit dear old Kim Taehyung." I smack her and push my bag into the slot above my seat. "I even remember you telling me he didn't even look cute."

"Well turns out he was. Can we drop it please? I don't wanna talk about him. I wanna talk about what the hell im going to say. We're going to an event he will surely be at. We'll be in the crowd and he'll be on stage. I can't just hold up a sign that says I'M PREGNANT in glow sticks." Her eyes widen  and she starts smacking her thigh with her palms. My eyes widen as well and I shut down her stupid idea before she yells it out. "No! I was being sarcastic."

"But when he sees you and then the sign, he'll know!"

My eyes fall and I force myself to look outside. "He probably doesn't even remember me." My eyes become glossy and I can't help but want to cry. I'm gonna show up in Korea with just test results and a photo of the ultrasound. I didn't want one but Jackie said we might need it for evidence. How is a small tiny circle inside a bean shaped bag evidence enough to show him I'm pregnant. He's probably gonna deny it and I'll have to raise the baby on my own.

What if I'm confusing him with someone else? One of his band mates and I'm saying it's him?

No, that can't be it. He has the face of a baby. It'd be hard to miss it. His eyes are just funny looking and... cute. And his voice. It was ... hot.

Okay, those are just my hormones talking.

I take out my phone and decide to ignore my best friend on this 13-hour flight. Putting in my earbud, I look up the band groups name and shuffle they're music. The entire flight. I watched videos of who they are, how to tell them apart. I learned their voices and found out things about V I didn't know. He was absolutely adorable. English wasn't really his language but I already knew that. He didn't speak it that much last time I saw him. But then again, we didn't speak that much last time I saw him. He is only about two years older than I. On a lot of websites, it says he loves kids and wishes to have his own when he grows older.

Hate to say that time came too soon, V.

Their songs aren't that bad. I find them catchy. And in this one video... I lost my shit.

I can see why we did what we did because

I can see why we did what we did because... holy shit. He was hot. I mean... we didn't do other things but... god, I need to go to church and drink gallons of holy water because I'm getting carried away.

I sit back and just rest my eyes. I listen to their music playing into my ears. Taehyung's cover of Someone Like You comes on and I have to stop myself from smiling at his deep voice. I look down at myself and place a hand over my stomach.

Maybe he will remember me when he sees me. He won't recognize me at first but he'll know it's me.

If not, there's no shame. I could just say I made a mistake and he can go on living the life. From what I read, he's always wanted this. I wouldn't have to ruin his life with such hard baggage. I look over at Jackie and chuckle softly and my best friend who looks exhausted from all her excitement. I know she means well, even though she goes overboard at times. She just wants me to be happy.

I look out the window and enjoy the scenery of clouds passing by.

Jackie was the only one there. I know she's tried so hard to not let that memory resurface and I tried so hard to stop her from seeing what she saw. My mother wasn't in her right mind. I lived with a ticking bomb, and the ones to cut the wire were either me or dad. Two nurses helped watch over her all day while I was at school. They'd leave two hours after I'd arrive.

My mother didn't seem like she had schizophrenia and an impulse disorder all wrapped in one. She was like any mother. Did my hair, helped me with my makeup, and gave me advice. My father was who he was supposed to be. He was overprotective like any other. He taught me things like cooking and how to drive a car. He told me clothes I wasn't allowed to wear, when I couldn't leave the house in the mini skirt I'd decide to wear to a party. They were normal. I guess they couldn't live with the way it things were going for them, mentally. I was at the movies with Jackie and I arrived home 10 minutes before my curfew. Jackie's dad gave her permission to stay the night. As we walked in, all hell broke loose.

Next chapter gets a little graphic.