Chapter 7

The moment of truth

The moment of truth. Next chapter is in Tae's POV.

Chapter 7

"Evelyn, please." Jackie begs as I continue try and catch my breath as I sob silently. "I can't do it. I'm sorry. I'm going back to the apartment. You go ahead and enjoy the show." I hear her sigh.

"I know this is hard. But do you really want your kid wondering where his father is?" She whispers. "It might be a shock at first, but you won't ruin his life. Not with this. It's not a scandal. It's an unnecessary gift, honey. Dad and I will be there the whole way."

I sigh and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. I sniffle and lean my head against the wall, closing my eyes. "I can't do this. He looked so happy. Just like in the videos I've watched." I sniffle again. "I can't do this to him."

"You can't keep it from him either."

I stand and dust off my shorts. I wipe from under my eyes and unlock the bathroom stall. "Do you think he'll hate me?" I squeak, fumbling with my hands. Jackie smiles softly. "Not a chance." She pulls me in for a hug, running a hand through my hair. "Now let's fix your makeup cause you look like a baby raccoon."

Every knot in my stomach tightens with every second passing. More and more people fill the arena. Uncle Mason bought me chocolate so I can calm down but all it wants to do is go up and out my throat.

Calm down, Evie.

Then the lights go down, there is utter silence for a second before people realize what's going on and begin to scream; Including Jackie, who has no concern for our ears. Then the dim lights settle on seven silhouettes on the stage, facing the same direction we are. Then... they sing.

There was seven members. I only watched one. I smiled every time he sang. I smiled every time he did one little thing. Like when he introduced himself. The little stutter in his word... the hesitation. Hw he held up his pointer and middle finger, and said his group name, "V." Such a kid. I tingled when his tongue poked out to wet his lips or just out of habit. It was the hottest thing I'd ever seen. I found myself joining the crowd as they fangirled. On certain songs I couldn't handle myself.

He was just too cute to not fangirl over.

I caught Jackie watching me as I sat to rest, a grin on my face. "What?" I question, avoiding eye contact, the grin on my face widening. "Nothing." I giggle unwillingly, my eyes widening when I realize the sound that left my lips. Then I just end up in a fit of 'em. My uncle Mason chuckles, enjoying my humiliation. A couple songs later, the concert ends. Each group individually speaks and thanks the crowd for attending. They look and run around, waving and making eye contact with a few people. Taehyung's eyes land on me for a millisecond, winking at me and continuing to roam the crowd. My body tenses and my smile slowly disappears. My stomach goes in knots and my heart beats violently against my chest. Till a girl behind me screams, claiming to be the one taehyung winked at. Although it's a probability, when someone that far away looks at you, you feel that jolt of electricity tickle you. I felt it.