Chapter 20

Need another book to read? I started anew one so check it out. It's an AU. Very different from this one. Already has 7 chapters. Love you guys.

Btw, a lot of pictures and possibly feels. And also... big someone new is introduced... almost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart wasn't in the correct state so I stayed in the living room and slept on the sofa. Morning rolled by and I was awoken by the door being closed softly yet it still echoed through the house. I looked at the time.

6:37 am

Incoming Call
Jackie

"Hello?" I yawn, standing up and walking to my room. "You up?"

"I am now," I sigh, sitting on my bed and looking at the bag besides the bed. He's coming back. I sigh in relief. "What about Taehyung?"

"Mhmm." I hum, standing to prepare for a shower. "What's wrong?" She asks as I turn on the shower. I furrow my eyebrows. "Why do you ask?"

"You rarely take morning showers and are up this early? What's the problem?" I sigh again, walking out of the bathroom for my clothes. "Taehyung said something that makes me worry." She hums, waiting for me to continue. "He didn't exactly say what his intentions were but he said he didn't want us fighting over the baby when he's dating someone else. He's thinks I'll forbid him to see the baby."

"Oh please! He's playing that whole victim crap. As if he's the one that'll be affected. And don't think I don't know about that NaRi chick. What's your beef with her?" I sigh again, closing the door behind me. "Trust me when I say that I shouldn't tell you."

"Then that means she sunk her claws in deep and you're wounded enough not to tell me what she did, which tells me I should beat her ass."

"Jackie!" I hiss. "No! I meant it when I said it."

"Please don't say anything. It's already complicated with Taehyung. I don't want any more complications." Jackie sighs and gives up. "Just for the sake of my nephew or not I'd tear her apart faster than a lion on its prey."

I step into the bathtub in my bra and panties, the water almost scolding hot but loosening the tension in my body as I lie down  and lean my head on the head rest. I sigh contently and close my eyes momentarily, enjoying the music softly playing. I open my eyes and see my bump poking out of the suds. I smile and begin to slowly cover it in the suds around me. I giggle when a tiny little foot pokes out and the soap suds slide off. "You don't like it?" I ask him as he squirms around more. I place more and almost completely form a mountain when he kicks and it topples over. I can't help the loud giggles that omit my lips. "Hey! It took me a long time to make that!"

I sigh contently again as I come up from the water. "You know," I start to say. "If you're ready to come out, you can." He squirms. "It's okay. As long as you've got every piece of you ready and developed. I want you to be ready and healthy to beat the crap out of your dad for making me sleep on the couch." He kicks again and I giggle. "Already teaching the kid to fight me and he hasn't even made an appearance." I move my gaze from my belly and look at Tae who stands in the shower with a bag in hand. I smile and look back at myself, quickly making sure that all my body parts are covered by suds. "You deserve it."

"I didn't make you do anything. I waited for you come back up and you didn't."

"Wanted to continue our conversation?" I smugly say. He sighs. "Evie, I just—"

"I know. And it hurts. It hurts that you'd ever think I'd do such thing." Tears fill my eyes but I swallow the lump in throat and lower my voice into a whisper. "Am I so bad that you'd think I'd deprive him of the one thing I lost?" He sighs and shakes his head. "I didn't mean it that way, Evie."